The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Registered
15,371 Posts
Actually my leathers are older bought in the early 80's and in better shape.,, Mules have been in service for 8 years, not a mark.

I have alot of Filson Products boots to hats jackets shirts pants Game bags and field bag. They make some fine things. Filson is a fine company. I just happen to know there are better chaps on the market. That is the purpose of my post.

Filson chaps come in regular and long sizing. Mule chaps are custom measured length and thigh diameter. Excellent fitting. Forty dollars well spent.

· Registered
518 Posts
BONZy said:
Check out the Cabelas Briarguards. They are actually on sale right now too!!!
Only wore mine once so no real feedback yet, except for I didn't get stuck at all and I went through some real nasty stuff that day.
At least for right now they're alot better than the field-n-stream's that lasted about 4 hours before tearing.
And they're on sale

· Registered
212 Posts
I have Lion Country Supply warm weather chaps and Filson tin cloth chaps. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I have had my eye on Orvis chaps for a little while. A buddy of mine has them and loves them.

My Filsons get a bit heavy when walking through morning-dew covered brush. And the LCS chaps are noisy.

-K

· Registered
177 Posts
Anyone have any reviews on the mule briar pants? I'm wondering if they are really stiff. I hunt nasty pickers without a dog and I'm tired of ripping my legs up. I would love to see some pics of these pants if anyone has them. The website is not any help as far as a picture.

· Registered
8,808 Posts
I have the pants. I only purchased them this year late in the season and had an opportunity to wear them twice. The are fairly stiff and seem like they will handle the heaviest briars. They are waterproof as well. I would have to say they would be alittle heavy to wear during warm weather hunting.I also purchased Mule's vest and shirt last year and both are pretty much briarproof.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.