The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good pair of brush pants. I've been through about 3 pairs in the last 5 years. They all have ripped and tore at the seams. I am not looking to spend a pile of money either. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
field and stream just had some information. one colume was expensive (LL Bean) and the other was cheaper ( they were chaps, but cant recall what type

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was doing the same thing...until I bought a pair of Filson double tin chaps. They are indistructable. Will never go with pants again. Probably will not wear out the chaps

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I found a pair of Wrangler Brush pants at a discount store for $12. I bought them and they have lasted me 3 years through some of the nastiest multi-floral rose patches I have seen
The internet has to have some cheap

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Cabelas Cover Buster Brush Pants. They are Comfy to where and hold up real well. I have had mine 3 years now and still no tears or holes.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a paid or Ideal Brush Pants on ebay in my size for 9.99 new with tags. I guess they are made somewhere in PA. So I rolled the dice on these for the price??? Anyone heard or Ideal Co?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I bought a pair of 10x brush pants and think they are the best I have had so far.

Dave

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I am thinking of chaps. I looked at filson they are nice but very expensive (yeah I know you get what you pay for). Any other suggestions? I was looking at the bouble tin chaps that filson has

·
Registered
24,784 Posts
They're about 12 year old... But I also use leather chaps and Mule bibs,.

The chaps are fine for bird fields should last along time. Briars and time take its' toll. The chaps are waxed cotton. Tuff stuff but there is tuffer stuff on the market...cheaper too.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
timberdoodle said:
But I also use leather chaps and Mule bibs
Not for nothing...but I've heard stories.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts