The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations out there for an all-terrain tire? I currently have the BFG All-Terrains. Personally, I don't think they're all they were cracked up to be. A friend said he really likes the Kelly Safari TSR's.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just put the Cooper Discoverer ATR on my F150 before this winter. I love the look of aggressive tread, but despise the road noise they create. So I went with these and honestly, couldn't be happier. They seriously go like crazy in the snow. This year in hare season they just crawled up a mountain side while trucks with the STT's were stuck.

I highly recommend. They are also one of few tires available for the 18 ford wheels.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I have cooper AT3's on my personal truck, and my company truck.......they are a pretty agressive all terrain tire, but they don't have any raod noise issues....

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Buy a cheaper brand then your BF Goodriches and you will wish you had them back..Garbage brands wear fast and get bumps on them making for a noisy,rough bumpy ride..BFs are a high quality tire,very few if any brands are BETTER then BFs..You pay a high price for them but it is well worth it..I have ran them for years and never had a blowout..I have ran them 7 or 8 years old and they run like they were new..

·
Registered
20,882 Posts
I always liked cooper s/t's but was just told that cooper stopped producing them.

I just put some all terrain TA'S ON MY WIFE'S WRANGLER and they did very good this past winter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What are you putting them on? That may or may not limit your options. I put the Kelly TSRs on a 98 dodge quad cab with a Cummins, they didnt hold up well at all even though they were the 'E' rated ones. Running Cooper S/T Maxx now, so far so good. Not quite as aggressive as the TSR or the Fierce Attitude's that some guys run, but havent let me down hauling in and out of logging jobs every day and pulling a decoy trailer back in the fall.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
shinerunner said:
If I may ask Buckshot, where did you buy them?
I have bought them a few different places........Clearfield Tire and Recapping once, and Charlies Tires once....

The set on my work truck has 40k hard miles on them, and they still have about 1/2 tread

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PALogger said:
What are you putting them on? That may or may not limit your options. I put the Kelly TSRs on a 98 dodge quad cab with a Cummins, they didnt hold up well at all even though they were the 'E' rated ones. Running Cooper S/T Maxx now, so far so good. Not quite as aggressive as the TSR or the Fierce Attitude's that some guys run, but havent let me down hauling in and out of logging jobs every day and pulling a decoy trailer back in the fall.
Would be for a Silverado 1500

·
Registered
134 Posts
I run TSRs on my Dakota. I think they are great tires. They have some road noise but no terrible. They are great in the snow and great in the mud. So far they are holding up very well. I have about 15,000 on them.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'll be purchasing a set of 275/60/20 Cooper A/T 3 for my Silverado in a few weeks. I have heard nothing but good things, and with 55,000 mile guarantee you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Look at Hankook Dynapro AT/M. They have great traction in all conditions and are quiet on highway. Have had a couple sets on my dodge and they lasted better than many I had tried. You wouldn't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
do yourself a favor and NEVER buy bf Goodrich. they wear bad and do not get any mileage out of them. my last set on a dodge ram lasted 20k and I finally swore off them. bf Goodrich is famous for death wobble also. I had real good results with pro comp extreme all terrains I got 52k out of them. I now have a 2013 dodge ram 2500 diesel and am getting ready to install a carli leveling kit and am going to go with the toyo at2 all terrains in 35 inch. they have av50k warranty and I heard a lot of good things about them

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Don`t buy Goodyear AT/S tires. Bought them for my 1996 Tahoe and they aren`t very good in the snow and the are wearing fast. Way overpriced and not worth the money.

·
Super Moderator
27,177 Posts
I won't buy any Goodyear tire. My '91 Dodge came with them from the factory. They were worn out by 10,000 miles. That's when I discovered Coopers, and haven't used any other brand since.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts