The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,843 Posts
ryand0818 said:
does it really make that much of a difference or is it just a personal preference?
Camo finish REALLY does NOT make much difference. I have turkey shotguns that are full camo and others that are matte blue. I have NEVER lost a turkey because my shotgun was'nt camo. Camo looks cool though!

· Registered
1,843 Posts
My first turkey specfic shotgun was a Rem Model 870 Super Mag. 3.5" with a matte blue finish and syn. stock. It has performed perfectly. I have since bought other turkey shotguns but without reservation would buy another 870.

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Borden811 said:
I've shot a lot of shotguns, and I have never, ever in my life, shot any other shotgun that kicked as bad as an 835 when shooting 3.5 inch loads. Maybe they just don't fit me as well as other guns, but they are brutal.
I agree I had one years ago and sold it. The recoil was out of this world. Believe it or not it recoiled more than my Browning BPS 10 Ga. which btw I still hunt with. The 835's are VERY lightweight with their alloy receiver's. I would rather carry some extra weight in my firearm than get the S--t kicked out of me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.