The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pix from our Idaho predator hunt. My son and I were there for 10days with Little Lost Outfitters, Howe, ID. We hunted Unit 51. So much big game it blew my mind!! I took a beautiful lion on day 2 and my son took a 33 lb Bobcat on day 9. We had plenty of chances on coyotes. We found wolf tracks but never had any replies to our calls. Overall it was a wonderful trip. We'll be back in November of 2014 for elk!!

·
Administrator
30,324 Posts
Looks great!!

BTW did you mean 100 days, or 10?

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
BcozHunter said:
Looks great!!

BTW did you mean 100 days, or 10?
My thoughts as well, 100 days would be awesome!!
Congrats on a great hunt, put a post and pics in the predator forum, those guys would appreciate seeing these trophies

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, my bad!! I meant 10 days!! BTW, every day began below zero. 4 days at -15 to -18. High was day 2 at 26 above. I shot my lion on day 2 between 8700-8800 feet of elevation. Hiked 2 3/4 hours up the mountain. I'm having my first knee replacement on 1/30, so, I felt like my knees were going to snap at the end of this climb. Hardest hunt I ever had. Put the dogs on the fresh track at 1:00. The cat was treed by 2:00, I got to the tree around 4:50. Beautiful high desert and mountains. Can't wait to go back. BTW, land there is around $2000/acre if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Very nice! I've been waiting to see the pics ever since I ran into you guys at the trapping supply store! Congrats!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A bow hunt would be great for a lion!! Just get a sling as those mountains are high, steep and rugged!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts