The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you read Tagout's post about "Pap's Buck", well these are from some of Pap's old slides we have been going through and scanning in. With all this modern equipment talk and scent control etc...I thought some of you might enjoy these pics of a successful hunt in the 60's. I love seeing the old gear and "camouflage"!

Probably a staged picture is my guess:

Tying the deer to the pole to carry out of the woods and back to the cabin:

Hiking out:

Crossing a railroad bridge, might be over Penns Creek near Weikert.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It has been an eye opening experience going through these slides with grousedog20. It has been a blast! And it really makes you wonder if it's worth spending all that money for all the latest gear!
I believe the camo pattern shown above is Woolrich Clothing Rack HD.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
I really enjoy looking at pictures from way back! Thanks for sharing!

BTW, are those clouds in the last pic or is there a train coming around the bend? LOL

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Ahh the good old days! very nice pics and thanks for sharing them. They are some good old memories.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just remember Dad saying that the kid "flung and arrow at it as it ran past him..." I really thought he said he gut shot it, maybe that was a finishing shot????

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TagOutInArchery said:
I just remember Dad saying that the kid "flung and arrow at it as it ran past him..." I really thought he said he gut shot it, maybe that was a finishing shot????
No, that was the other one that was hanging at the camp, the green one...this was a little earlier I think.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The coolest pics I've seen on here yet! Truly awesome I'm 30 but I love hearing about the talk of those days

1 - 20 of 24 Posts