The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weekend before last my friend and I got invited to go on a snow goose hunt in Delaware. We didn't find out for sure if we were going or not until 7:00 PM Friday night and left at 12:45am. The all nighter ended up being worth it because black duck outfitters put us on the the birds! Ended up with 63 geese. I was a little disappointed in the guys from Florida that we hunted with. There was 4 of them and 4 of us and they only took 3 geese. In my opinion if you shoot them you are responsible for your share of the birds! Thanks to Cody for the invite! He's on HPA but I'm not sure what his name is. That brings me to this weekend, more success! We got on a field that had around 55 geese In it the night before. Saturday morning the guys were nice enough to set my blind up for me because I had to milk at the farm I work on, but hey they used my decoys haha. I got there around 7:30, asked the guys how it was going and they said they hadn't seen a goose but when I went to climb in my blind I was greeted by a goose in my blind. Tyler and I hunted for about an hour and a half more before we had to leave for basketball practice. Got back to the blinds at about 1:30 and didn't see anything until 5:15 and then they started showing up from everywhere. A small group came to the field but only one committed. We got him and the rest landed in the field behind us. Knowing we couldn't compete with live geese me and Ty ran across the field to scare the geese off. We got about 150 yards from the blind when we heard my brother yell, "GEESE". We took off back to the blinds and dove into the blinds just in time, we were so out of breath we couldn't even blow our calls, but that didn't matter because those geese locked up from 300 yards away. 4 came in and none left. The rest of the geese that showed up landed behind us by about 200 yards. Talk about messed up! I was just happy we got on some geese finally. Here are some pics!
http://m1073.photobucket.com/albumview/a...=0&newest=1

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a blast but its something I would only do once a year. Ty and I both agreed we didn't get near the satisfaction shooting geese we did no work for. You get a real sense of satisfaction shooting geese you scouted, did all the work for, and fooled over your own decoys.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have only got out once so far with no luck. Saw a ton but they had other plans haha.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Glad to hear you are getting into some geese! When you finally shoot some snows over your own decoys all the hard work will finally be worth it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts