The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, rare poster. Always like to see the success posts to see what PA is producing, well, this year I can add another one. Hit this tall-guy at 8am Saturday morning after a bad start to the hunt. Dropped the gas cap off the car getting gas before the hunt. Waited too long to walk in, resulting in bumping probably 15+ deer on the way in. I thought it was gonna be a long day. After settling in I had small bucks everywhere. Was full draw on a small 8, decided to pass. Watched a small 6 mosey through, passed on him too. Finally this guy came in behind me as I sat amongst the branches of a fallen tree - this property won't allow tree stands - so I hunt off the ground, or wherever I can hide in the deadfalls. He comes behind me at 10yds and I grunt to stop him. I let it fly low and hear the hit. CRACK. He walks off like nothing happened, happy the sky is blue and the grass is green. I can see his armpit getting red, and see he's carrying my arrow out of the exit wound as he casually walks 70yds out of sight. After 45min I climb down and find a river of blood, trailing off the property and onto the neighbors, so after I ring a doorbell, the neighbor and I are off to find him. Blood completely disappears after the first 100 yards, and I start to panic a little. It went from a blood river to nothing. The neighbor and I end up nose to the ground walking circles through a cedar thicket following no blood. All the sudden I hear my name and I go jogging toward the voice. I round a corner of the cedars and there he is, laying in a freshly mowed clear cut. No blood around, still carrying my arrow sticking 95% out of the exit wound. He must have spun the broadhead off walking through the thick stuff. I missed the heart by an inch an took out the bottom of both lungs, he still went 150+ yds. He ain't no monster but he is wicked tall and has tons of character! 5C - Bucks County - 8am.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Congrats on your buck, and thanks for sharing your hunt with us....Well Done...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats man!! I hate that guy punch feeling after following a river of blood that dries up but then the rush hits again!!

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts
Outstanding buck, congrats!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts