The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Doogie,

Not a stupid question at all. It usually depends on how many people in your party. There aren't many courses left that I shoot, where you have a trapper. Anyway My crew would usually go $5.00 per man, if the trapper was really working hard for us, we may even go as high as $10.00.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I am cheap, we usually tip the trapper around $2 - $3 bucks per person. Unless we know that he is only working for tips then we give them more.

·
Registered
941 Posts
As an instructor and trapper I would say 5 dollars a head is fine, however it depends on you. If the trapper is giving you a lesson obviously its different or if you are shooting multiple rounds.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I usually tip the trapper $5.00. Where I shoot it is usually teenagers looking to make some money. They appreciate the tips and they do a real good job

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
That's why I like trap and skeet, no need to tip anybody. The crew reloads the houses after the round!

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Or you can go to a SC place that lets you throw your own. Don't have a lot of experience with either of them, but I know what I like and I don't like the SC places where someone leads youthrough the course and throws for you.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
One or two guys who are not shooting that round at our club go down in the house and we all take turns loadin the trap

·
Registered
435 Posts
Atglen has self service trapping stations. Took the boy out there last night in the rain and wind. Talk about tough targets
They shoot every Wednesday night under the lights and every other Sunday morning. Very nice people out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts