The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do ya'll make them, i never done them but got some green peppers from the gerden thought we would try it

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
My wife makes the hamburger kind of like meatloaf but without the ketchup and mustard and bread crumbs. After the meat is mixed she mixes in rice that has been cooked. Then stuffs the peppers that have been cooked for a very short time in water to soften them so they won't split when stuffed. Then they go in a deep baking dish or casserole with homemade tomato sauce poured over them so it comes up about 3/4 of the depth of the dish and bakes them in the oven.

·
Registered
25,022 Posts
my wife uses the campbell tomato soup and simmers them on top of the stove or in a crock pot. Same hamburg rice mixture as John. She usually makes stuffed cabbage and peppers together. I prefer the cabbage ones

·
Registered
322 Posts
My wife took them and stuffed the peppers with mild breakfast sausage (after seeding them)put them in a pan (about 12 of them) and covered with spaghetti sauce and baked in the oven
when they were done she served them over spaghetti noddles about to peppers to a plate.
Mike
OPPSSS my bad these were hot banana peppers not green

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Here's a new twist on an old idea: Grill a couple of chicken breasts and season them as you would. Dice the breast into 1/2' or smaller cubes. Mix a tub of philly cream cheese with grated cheddar and mozerella cheese. Add a tablespoon (or two)of Frank's Red Hot. Mix it to a thorough consistency and stir in the chicken breast pieces. Stuff the pepers and bake at 350 for about 25 mins. Top with more grated cheese while hot. Spicy and delicious!

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
That's a Green Pepper ABT! Sounds great!

Another thing to do with green peppers is make green pepper soup. That stuff is great on a cold winter day!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I make them with a hamburger/rice mixture and tomato sauce. For an added kick I put a Jalapeno filled with cheddar/mozzarella cheese mixture in the middle of each pepper. Yummy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts