The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a Primos Jake Mobile decoy a few weeks ago. My question is how do you use these and in what situation would it be good to use? If anyone has one of these decoys and could share some advice or tips that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
I set my jake out with a hen. Since I am making hen yelps. I also put out an orange tree band when I set my jake up, as I hunt public land. If the area is geting a lot of hunting pressure I don't set it out at all. No turkey is worth getting shot at.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
To be totally honest, some use decoys 100% of the time, some use them 0% of the time. I am personally a fan of using decs, and actually just attached an old fan to an old carbon arrow to use this upcoming weekend on my jake decoy. My typical set includes one jake (always), and usually one hen, sometimes two. This past weekend for the youth hunt I called in two long beards to four yards using this pattern. That being said, EVERY situation is different. Best advice I can give is to try whatever you want and see how it goes. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts