The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new bow. Just put on limb silencers and now want to put on string silencers. Any recommendations on which ones are the best that don't require a press.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who makes those?.....I have never heard much about them.

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
I have string leaches also.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone still use cat whiskers on their bow? I was just looking at bowjacks for my bow but everyone says they weigh alot? I want something that is light but does the job, I have used whiskers my whole life with no problems

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Do you need a string silencer? Have your buddy stand about 10 yards away, if they are hearing something, then go for it, if not why bother. String leeches do not last long on my Maxxis 35. It seems anything that must by weaved into the string, including the factory silencer is gone after a couple hundred shots. I actually put cat whiskers on about two weeks ago to get rid of little string twang that i heard. I honestly don't think they are going to hurt your speed that much.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you just tie your to the sting or did you use a serving cord and tied it into the string?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Cat whiskers will do as good a job as anything, but I personally prefer Sims String Leeches because they're lower profile. I really like the new Everlast Leech in particular.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Used to use string leeches, but they usually break before the season is out. I now use a STS type string suppressor. I really like this product.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Fletchsedder, did your Hammer come with factory installed Bowjax limb silencers? My new Smoke has them on it and, between them and a 22 dollar damper that screws into the front of the bow, this thing is quiet as a mouse.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No....I put limb savers on both of my limbs. And I am going to put some whiskers on to...but like you said it quiet like a mouse....I like the string stop on it also.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I to have someone stand next to me and listen while I shoot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts