The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
At this moment, I know of none. As much as I'd like to do it and have said i'd see it through, we've lost a lot of the regulars, had issues last year on the trip and honestly I'm unable to mentally get myself excited about having it again. I will talk with some of the others and see if anyone wants to take the lead on this, thanks for the reminder

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
if it gets done this year, I"d love to institute a 2 day trip, and make it mandatory to pay and fish 2 days. that was probably the #1 cause of issues last year(that is not a knock on the guys who were there 1 day, just made communications and accommodations tough). anyone have thoughts on that?

not to mention, day 1 was slow and a few guys went home without catching a fish but day 2 was epic, with dozens of keepers released after tags ran out. i've done it 2yrs now and it is obvious that to get the full experience, you need to fish 2 days. with fishing, things can change in one evening and having guys all over the place didn't help keep things running steady.

i didn't want to head this up, still don't, but I am willing to listen to recommendations and will assist whomever takes the lead. I have contact #'s for captains, hotels, etc...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm not opposed to a two day trip depending on cost. The concern I'd have is what to do with fish caught on day one if you're staying in a room w/o a fridge. I took home 2 Striper last year over 38" as well as 6 Blue fish over 36"

Not sure I have a cooler big enough for that lol

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I went last year and only fished on Sat but I would do a 2 day trip for sure,if it goes count me in.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im down for a 2 day if the trips a go
but will need all info of hotels etc.
Both years I had a blast and hope to make it 3 years

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
i may try to make it this year (for real) especially if we are hanging out for 2 days..but I don;t want to run the show from NW PA. Depends on dates of course...

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
I contacted one of the captains last night. he is checking schedule and will get back to me shortly. looks like most weekends are already booked up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts