The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to put a string stopper onto a 2003 hoyt reflex bow, but I do not have a port in the back of the bow to put on in. Can anyone suggest on that will go into the front stablizer port? Or any other companies that make one for the cable slide?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I have one for my Buckmaster G2 that went on the cable slide, but it did nothing for vibration suppression or accuracy. I took it off because it served no use.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
There are several companies that make them that attach to the front stabilizer mount. I'm not at the shop right now and can't remember the names but I'm pretty sure they are around $40. I do know we have acouple different ones in stock. Check your local archery shops.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ASAjoe1...if you could let me know a couple name..I would like to check into them

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
From the website...

The Rattler adjustable bow string silencer was developed as a bow string suppression device to fit any compound bow with a front or rear mounting stabilizer hole. Constructed out of aluminum and titanium, this is the most advanced and clean looking unit on the market today, it almost looks like it is part of the bow and just not another add on. The unit is very easily installed by either attaching to the front or rear mounting hole, sliding the shaft out until the rubber bumper touches the string, and lock the set screws in place with the allen wrench that is provided.

It will mount in the "front stabilizer port" he speaks of.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like a pretty nice system

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
The new bowrattler is one of the best new string suppressors out there. I do not think you would be unhappy. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info crowmag!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Vibekiller, STS, Bow rattler, even Cabelas has a front mount string stopper. They range from $25-40 for most models. If your reflex has riser shox then you can get a cool hand luke string stopper that goes through the riser shox hole. There is also a STS that has a custom side mount for Hoyt/Reflex bows that do not have rear holes. It uses the lower quiver mounting hole that would be used with a 2 piece quiver.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Just came up for lunch and right now the only one in stock that will front mount is a model made by Limbsaver. It will fit either front or rear and comes with a spare stopper head.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
there is a guy on Archery Talk goes by coolhandluke that makes awesome string suppressors for any bow.

sorry for the repeat post i see that someone else had metionded AT

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's the guy from Archery Talks's email:

[email protected]

I bought one from him and it works pretty well. Tell him what you need, I'm pretty sure he can help you out. Mine was around $30

1 - 16 of 16 Posts