The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The serving on my Tenpoint Turbo just started to unravel from the center. I'm not sure how quickly I can get a shop to replace the serving. Is this something they will usually do right away? Or will I have to leave it? Is it safe to hunt with until I can get it replaced? Naturally I won't want to be shooting practice until I get it fixed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Depends how bad the serving is.
Bottom line is.
You can't have the trigger jaws on the string.

If the serving is that worn, dont cock it.
Get it fixed.

·
Registered
19,735 Posts
If the string latch is contacting the string material itself, not a good idea to shoot it.

Depends on the shop for the fix. If they have a new string, that can be swapped out in minutes. Reserving takes a bit longer to do it correctly.

Make sure to re-zero after the work is done. Also mark your brace height on the rail and point that out to the technician to ensure it returns to you as you gave it to them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...!! Looks like I'm heading to the shop in the morning. Better safe than sorry and I'd rather get it to the shop before the good hunting starts up.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran over to Lancaster Archery this morning and they took care of it right away... Re-sighted in this evening and ready to hunt tomorrow..!! Kudos to the guys at Lancaster Archery ..!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts