The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am located in the Williamsport Area, anyone have experience dealing with Millers, Droptine, or Weavers Archery for a new string? I have a Mathews Triax and would like to have whatever shop does this work allow me to shoot 50-100 arrows and then make any final tuning adjustments as well on the day of pickup. My brother had a small issue at Droptine last summer as the supplier sent an out of spec string for his bow and it was not caught until the serving started unraveling after a couple hundred shots. Droptine was great about working with their supplier to get another string sent, however it took almost 2 months for the replacement to come in and be installed.

If anyone has other suggestions within about an hour of Williamsport I am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I've heard that Miller's does decent work, no first hand experience though. Don't be afraid to buy one off of a reputable person on Archerytalk and have a local install it. You'll save money that way. You can get a good string for $50ish. I have a Bowmaster press and do the final touches my self. It's not hard and you get a little satisfaction.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Unless you know who they are getting their strings from and trust that string maker i would order a custom set and have them installed. I use twisted x strings, his servings are the best i have seen. he costs a little more than some of the other string makers but is well worth it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am located in the Williamsport Area, anyone have experience dealing with Millers, Droptine, or Weavers Archery for a new string? I have a Mathews Triax and would like to have whatever shop does this work allow me to shoot 50-100 arrows and then make any final tuning adjustments as well on the day of pickup. My brother had a small issue at Droptine last summer as the supplier sent an out of spec string for his bow and it was not caught until the serving started unraveling after a couple hundred shots. Droptine was great about working with their supplier to get another string sent, however it took almost 2 months for the replacement to come in and be installed.

If anyone has other suggestions within about an hour of Williamsport I am open to suggestions.

Miller's archery guy is the absolute best and they've always had the strings in stock when I've taken mine there. Honestly I wouldn't take it anywhere else. IMO, that's easily the best shop in the Centre/Clinton/Lycoming county area for getting anything fixed.

I've never been to Weaver's so I can't say one way or another.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Wes Van Horn, Fury X Archery/Stage One Strings.

Reactions: Asajoe1

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think I will stop in at Millers during my travels this week.

I didn't realize it, but I have a few friends who have also had Wes restring their bows and all had good things to say. Since I travel through Mill Hall more frequently it makes sense to try there first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts