The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never shot with a string loop on my current bow.But I was just reading that they help with accuracy and preventin torque on your string. Those of you that use them....do you feel they have helped you with your accuracy and be a better shooter?...I am trying to decide if I should put one my current now....Like to hear some input.

·
Registered
70 Posts
without a doubt - give it a try. I can't say that it made me a great shooter but it does provide more consistency. I like the even distribution of pull around the arrow and no wear on the string from release. good luck

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I've shot a loop for over 15 years
My son has been shooting a loop since he was 6, he's 12 now. You will NOT be disappointed. no uneven torque on string, consistent release .

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
It didn't make me anymore accurate, but it is nice when you can hang your release on the loop while hunting or practicing.

·
Registered
957 Posts
D-loops are the ticket...you may have to shorten your draw just a smidge, but I think it's worth it. I noticed before using a loop, if I got to full draw and had to leave down, I had to make sure I re-nocked my arrow before I drew again, with the loop I don't have that problem.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 29 inch draw....how much do you think I would have to shorten it by?

·
Registered
957 Posts
When I put on a new loop I keep them as short as possible...just enough room to put on my caliper release without any nock interference. I probably twisted my string around 10 twists just to get a little shorter. I have also put them on other fellers bows and didn't adjust the draw at all.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh ok....that dosent sound too bad.....So I can say that their is no drawbacks to having one? It can only help.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I switched over to one a few years ago, not sure if it has helped with accuracy, but I wouldn't shoot a bow without one anymore, just to many cons for having them.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Will probably shorten the draw alittle, just keep it as short as possible plus most releases have adjustment on the barrels so you could just shorten the release a smidge.

·
Super Moderator
12,783 Posts
Fletchshedder said:
I have a 29 inch draw....how much do you think I would have to shorten it by?
Roughly 1/2-5/8"=- They are easy to install, will last for many many shots, as others said they will save you $$ in servings, bow strings and cut back of the number of times and the labor of breaking in new strings...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts