The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never shot with a string loop on my current bow.But I was just reading that they help with accuracy and preventin torque on your string. Those of you that use them....do you feel they have helped you with your accuracy and be a better shooter?...I am trying to decide if I should put one my current now....Like to hear some input.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
I've shot a loop for over 15 years
My son has been shooting a loop since he was 6, he's 12 now. You will NOT be disappointed. no uneven torque on string, consistent release .

·
Registered
340 Posts
D-loops are the ticket...you may have to shorten your draw just a smidge, but I think it's worth it. I noticed before using a loop, if I got to full draw and had to leave down, I had to make sure I re-nocked my arrow before I drew again, with the loop I don't have that problem.

·
Registered
340 Posts
When I put on a new loop I keep them as short as possible...just enough room to put on my caliper release without any nock interference. I probably twisted my string around 10 twists just to get a little shorter. I have also put them on other fellers bows and didn't adjust the draw at all.

·
Super Moderator
11,896 Posts
Fletchshedder said:
I have a 29 inch draw....how much do you think I would have to shorten it by?
Roughly 1/2-5/8"=- They are easy to install, will last for many many shots, as others said they will save you $$ in servings, bow strings and cut back of the number of times and the labor of breaking in new strings...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.