The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an older pse exursion i am donating to a new archery shooter (maybe hunter next season) there are no specs on the limbs. the string should be replaced. can i just take it off and measure the string. i have a press and my buddy is pretty good at setting them up. trying to keep cost down. bow shop wants 150 bucks to do string. this individual is in college so trying to keep cost down.
how do i know to get the right string?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yep. Technically they should be measured under pressure but I have just stretched them tight and measured before.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
bobcat--trying to find the tune chart on PSE's website. they have the specs on all their bows back to 1991. Go to pse-archery.com. Click on "Support" then in the second column, go to PSE Tune Charts. I can't seem to find any bow they make called the "exursion". Maybe typo?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Found it!! The PSE-Excursion was made by PSE for Gander Mt. in 2006. That means if you call PSE at (520) 884-9065 and they can give you the exact string length you need. Then call or go to any string maker and they can make you just the string, but given the fact that it's a 2006, I would replace all strings and cables. You can get top quality strings and cables for under $100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts