The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one or know of anyone that has one? I just ordered one from Cabelas. This is my first powered auger. I don't have much luck with gas engines and don't want to deal with gas and fumes on the ice so I went electric. It has a lot of good reviews but I was hoping someone here has some experience.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I have one and like it. I have used gas augers and hand augers in the past. The auger drills slightly slower than a gas auger, but when you pick it up, you push the button and go. No yanking on the cord, letting it warm up.

If we lived further north, a gas auger would be a better choice due to battery life and speed. I can drill at least 75 holes through 6 inches of ice before charging. I have never used in thicker ice since that's all we got last year.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was thinking I could throw my trolling motor battery on the sled in case the internal battery wheres out.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
jkhunter said:
Thanks, I was thinking I could throw my trolling motor battery on the sled in case the internal battery wheres out.
Is the voltage the same?

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it even comes with cables for the purpose of using a car battery or other 12 volt source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts