The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a forum on stretchers a few weeks ago and the only thing I got from that was to use wood stretchers. I'm sending all of my furs to NAFA and would like to know if I should use the exact measurements on the NAFA fur handling manual or does anyone have specific measurements that work better for PA red fox, gray fox, coon, coyote, bobcat, and mink and still bring good money(top lots) at NAFA?

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
you can go to their site and download the handbook , im pretty sure they have instructions and dimensions for stretchers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I know they have the dimensions but I don't know if I should use those dimensions because I heard that they don't fit the animals from around here right.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
MinkMan97 said:
Yes I know they have the dimensions but I don't know if I should use those dimensions because I heard that they don't fit the animals from around here right.
You do know they make different size boards for the same pelt, right? Male / Female Mink, Coon / Jumbo Coon, Female / Male Fisher, etc...

I received top lot for a female mink this year and when I talked to Greg Kohl about getting my top lot hat, he told me that Pennsylvania has more top lot furs at the NAFA auction year after year than any other state in the east.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok but for eastern coon they only have one board size on the manual and that's 8 inches. So do I just use other board sizes too? I guess I should be asking what board sizes everyone uses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts