The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my wife and I are on a weekend getaway in Lancaster this weekend. We are staying in Lititz and wanted to do some fishing either out this way or on the way home on Sunday. We live in Johnstown. We brought the fly rods, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a couple stream names of either stocked waters or whatever kind of streams. I would ordinarily look them up myself and explore but we have a pretty booked day tomorrow and I'm not sure I will get time to actually seek out a stream. Any recommendations are much appreciated, and I will start a search of my own as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
not being a wise guy---
(besides I don't know the streams in that area)

do yourself a favor - buy a Delorme Atlas for PA and keep it in your vehicle...Look for the little blue lines...

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Or just go here http://fishandboat.com/county.htm and it will give you the stocked creeks and some wild ones too. Just plug in the county and what you're looking for.

As for personal experience none recently. I have fished the Little Muddy Creek over near Adamstown, but that was 30yrs ago LOL. Looks like Hammer Creek is your closest option.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually checked out the county guide a bit last night. My dad used to have one of those atlases and it was pretty great! I have been looking for one for a while, I just wasn't sure what kind he had. I may pick up a Delmore if they are good. I really prefer to fish wild water, but it doesn't look like there is much of it out this way (that surprised me; I thought this area of PA was supposed to have a fair amount of wild streams?) I am thinking about stopping in Bedford Co. on the way home since I have to go that way and fishing somewhere there. Or heading north from Bedford into Blair county. Depends on how tired we are from the rest of our trip. Thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we didn't get a chance to fish
My wife's new-to-her Jeep gave us a few problems that made us cut our trip a bit short. It has a sunroof, and clogged drain lines make rain inside the car
So it is at the shop and we are home. It was a good trip, though I would have loved to try out the new flies I got from the Orvis outlet in Lancaster!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts