The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out to one of favorite spots Sat. Notice another car there when I pulled in to park. I got the dog out and headed up the hill, their is a large road to walk until I get to the spot to get into the brushy area. So I reach that area and get into it about 50 yards and another hunter appears and walk towards me. So I kindly say Hi how ya doing?
He gives me a crazed stare and ask if I ran out of woods? I reply no. He then ask why I didnt walk the whole way up the f'n road? I said, I just started here with the dog, I didnt see you. He said respect other hunters. He continue to give me a death stare the whole time till I got out of sight. Needless to I got the heck out of dodge.
All the years, Of hunting with dog or not, I have never been approached by another hunter like that.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Kindly tell the moron you are both on public land. I would ask him if he'd like to explain his position to the WCO, or just let it alone. ( actually, I would have added a bit more "Flavor" to the conversation, but you should just be polite and firm.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Takes all kinds of people. Awhile pack my beagles were running a rabbit and 4 guys came in and were standing along the thick stuff, the rabbit came past me i shot and missed it then ran up towards the 1 guy and he shot it. He told me he did not know that it was the same rabbit my dogs were running, i told him he could start to pay for the dog food.

·
Registered
18,567 Posts
I had another hunter that actually heard my hounds driving and came up and shot the rabbit in front of the dogs.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Might have interupted something more than just a hunt to receive a reaction like that....be careful and maybe hunt with a buddy in that area.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Had guys drop dogs within 100yds of me running my dogs, but no one shoot a rabbit off my dogs uninvited.
I believe you have to call AAA for a tow after something like that.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Some people are just jerks no matter how you look at them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You shoulda told him your a PGC.... it your day off work and your out running your dog and doing some hunting.... then ask him "do you got a problem with that now?"
what can he say about that then???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts