The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im still in the mind set of a vertical bow shooter here so.....

ive been doing a little homework on bolts for my xbox and have a question...is the straightness tolorences as important on a short 20" shaft as it is on a say 31" shaft..

i know with a straightness of 6thousands i cant get them to shoot as good as i can with my vertical bow..maybe get 4-5 good shafts that will group well out of a dzn with my vertical bow at 30 yrds with the +/- 6 arrows....even the 3thousands arrows i find that every dzn has its wild fliers but not near as bad.....so is this as noticable in a 20" bolt?????

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have found that if I can find the low side, Think bananna, 2 high ends faceing up and I put my cock vane on the bottom they all fly vg.
Stant

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stant i have done the "float" thing in the tub to get arrows to fly when i was shooting competition...im no longer shooting comp anymore but i do like to shoot the best of both worlds without all those headaches anymore...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes IMO it's even more important. Your xbow is or should be alot faster than a vertical bow. The faster the more critcal. Easton Powerbolts are .002 and I've had great success with them and fantastic groups, broadheads and field tips.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
furdog you missed my point......since they measure the straightness tolerence over the full length of the shaft which would be 34 inches(vertical bow) and get the straightness and if its +/- 6 then wouldnt it be less in a shorter 20 inch shaft...??????????????

·
Registered
653 Posts
OK I see your point,I don't know the length of bolt blank shafts before getting cut down. Honestly never thought of that. Still gotta think tighter tolerance more consistent, should be less flyers.

·
Registered
615 Posts
.003 for GOLD TIP SHAFTS + - you rodbuilders out there will know where to fletch your shaft to get the best results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts