The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to a police officer who was sent a pic of a mountain lion in Dauphin County. He said the PGC was there today investigating. Can anybody confirm? I have the guys name who has the pic, but I won't share it here.

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Finally, the proof I have been waiting for for so many years. Thanks for putting this ancient rumor to rest. I can now concentrate on my quest to view absolute proof of the PA Big Foot and the Ewgles winning the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Not saying I believe all of this, however....I was predator hunting with doublelung last night when we talked to the police officer. The police stopped and questioned us as to what we were doing at night with firearms. The first officer (the one who saw us walking from our vehicle) did not have a clue it was legal to hunt anything at night, but that is a whole other story.

Anyways, the second officer that showed up started was talking to us. He asked if we know a so and so (I won’t drop his name here). We said no, as the name was very common. The officer told us he lives in Stony Valley (a relatively remote area of Dauphin County for those of you who don’t know) and the officer also told us where he works. The officer said they had received the trail camera photographs of a mountain lion from this gentleman. I am not sure from who, or when the photos were taken. The officer proceeded to tell us, it was "in no doubt a mountain lion" and that the game commission is investigating.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
That's solid evidence. Oh I'm so excited! Clearly proves to me that when my neighbor called me a decade ago to tell me to keep my kids in the house because he saw a mountain lion, that he was right. I'm so glad I listened to him. I sure hope the PGC doesn't suppress all this compelling evidence.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
By all means, PM me the officers name and department, and I will contact him to see the photos (or PM me the WCO that will/or got the photos)

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
i don't know why so many doubt this. it's really not that far from boyers, butler co, and that area is known for great lion hunting. in fact, i just got done filming there with stan potts and phillip vanderpool for the new hs vidieo "primetime cats 9". phillip takes a great tom after a long chase near moniteua high school, and stan bags his third tom in as many years after the dogs tree it on a gas well drilling rig. i get in on the action as well when we spot & stalk a mature cat near forrestville and i arrow him at 20 yds as he crosses the train tracks. all the hunts were with bobs guide service out of boyers who's know as one of the better lion outfitters in the area, and has worked with us on several previous productions. if you'd like to see big cats & great dog work in the snowy hills of western pa, order your copy of "primetime cats 9" today for $9.95 +s&h from yellodog outdoors.com and check out all our great specials on lion hunting gear & equiptment. 10% off on any lion hunting appearal for hpa members thru the end of january.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
yellodog said:
i don't know why so many doubt this. it's really not that far from boyers, butler co, and that area is known for great lion hunting. in fact, i just got done filming there with stan potts and phillip vanderpool for the new hs vidieo "primetime cats 9". phillip takes a great tom after a long chase near moniteua high school, and stan bags his third tom in as many years after the dogs tree it on a gas well drilling rig. i get in on the action as well when we spot & stalk a mature cat near forrestville and i arrow him at 20 yds as he crosses the train tracks. all the hunts were with bobs guide service out of boyers who's know as one of the better lion outfitters in the area, and has worked with us on several previous productions. if you'd like to see big cats & great dog work in the snowy hills of western pa, order your copy of "primetime cats 9" today for $9.95 +s&h from yellodog outdoors.com and check out all our great specials on lion hunting gear & equiptment. 10% off on any lion hunting appearal for hpa members thru the end of january.
We used to sneak and watch those kind of videos back when I was in high school.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts