The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stony brook doesn't seem to be updating their website or their face book page. I was hunting in Maine the first week of the season with another outfitter and talked with one of the stony brook guides at the gas station. He told me they had 8 bear the end of the first week, didn't say how many guys were hunting at the lodge. This year has been tough, with the large amount of natural food for the bears. They don't seem to be hittting the baits as hard as last year. The season should be getting better as the berries and nuts thin out.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I went with Stony Brook in 98. Did Bear with Dogs. First day, first hour we had two down. After that, we had another Bear killed his Son's Dog. He works hard for you. Great Person and great Lodge. All Bait Hunters scored. If you are thinking about booking with him, don't walk, run to the phone and call him. I live in PA and am in no way associated with him other than the Hunt I did. PM me with any questions.

·
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am booked with him for September 2018. I was just seeing if anyone here was heading up there this year, looking for updates.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just got back from hunting with Stony Brook last week. I was hound hunting. Shot my bear first morning at 8:00. 4 bear killed by Dog hunters and 4 bear killed by bait hunters. There were 6 dog hunters and 9 bait hunters. A lot of natural food and temps in the 80's all week. But we were on bears every day. There are a lot of bears in their area. I will be going back in a few years.

·
Registered
193 Posts
340(hound), 150(hound), 140(hound), 140(bait), 120(hound), 90(bait), 90(bait), 70(bait

Trail cams from the week showed plenty of 200-400+ bears. The bears just did not want to tree last week. They literally ran for miles until the dogs couldn't run anymore. Feel free to message me if you want anymore details or have any questions.
The guides worked their tails off all week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts