The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son had his Yamaha YFZ 450 2007 Blue and White in the Bedford Pa area stolen. If anybody see's or hears anything about one being parted out or sold please email me at [email protected] or call (814) 839-2436 . It was taken from the local Yamaha dealer who has no insurance on customer bikes. So the son is out of 8 grand .Please hep any help will be greatly appriciated Thanks Dave C

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I think I would see a lawyer about that one! That's just not right.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
agree with the bird man. COntact a lawyer and see what advice they have for you.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
unfortunately I doubt it will ever be found. normally it isn't locals that steal them. it is someone from out of town that takes em many miles away to sell them. call the cops and get a report filled out. that way if the thief sells it and someone trys to register it the vin number is in the system as stolen. probably your best bet. there is tons of story's on highlifter about stolen bikes.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I would,t Be too sure the shop owner can't be made to pay. When he acccepts a bike for repair he has what is called a "Bailment" which means he has to exercise care in protecting it. If it was stolen from inside the shop and the shop was locked up he probably is off the hook but if it was left outside where it could be seen and cceddes he may be liable.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I would be after the shop owner also, friend or not. But this should also be a notice to all ATV owners, insurance for an $8,000 machine will run you about $200 a year for full replacement cost. Cheap insurance for what we own!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
yep I was gonna mention that. I have full coverage on my quad for 225 and that covers pretty much everything.

·
Registered
831 Posts
not to get off subject but my cousin just totaled his quad. he was paying $140 a year. Adjuster gave him a check for $3,000 and he got to keep the plow and winch. He only paid $3,500 for everything and rode it for a few years. Hope you can find the quad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts