The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an API climbing treestand and moultrie trail cam stolen off my property off route 819 in bell township. i am posting this to see if anyone has any possible connection or lead to this. if you are from the area or have heard of someone in this area stealing stands . please PM me. its off of walker road near saltsburg,pa. thanks

·
6,448 Posts
if you think the person may not know its yours go to the local bar and ask if anyone would happen to have a climber they like to sell cause your looking for one.....lowlifes may just be looking for a quick buck for booze or drugs.....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also HATE thieves. it irritates me more than anything. i would give someone the shirt off my back if they needed it, but do not steal my stuff !

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Isn't it amazing that those rotten thieves steal treestands when no one is sitting in them.
And have ingenious ways of finding them, finding them just "lost" in the woods and not making a sound.

·
Super Moderator
12,650 Posts
Pulled 4 stands today so the orange army will not see my hard found secret spots.

Three were lock-on's and one a ladder stand all were padlocked to the trees and for the lock-on's I use 4-5 removal steps each trip so someone cannot easily take up residence or fall in love with my stands and invite them to their house.

I don't want anybody else's stand and I do not want to share mine with others.

I hope you find your gear.

·
Registered
88 Posts
know the feeling had my climbing sticks stolen 2 time even the ratchet straps holding the stand. went up sunday before buck all was good monday morning couldn't get in the stand hope you find the slime who t
ook yours

·
Registered
211 Posts
well i hate hearing that.. i had 2 stands stolen knew who stole the one couldnt prove it.. hope u fing the dirt ball..

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I feel your pain brother, Just had two stands attempted to be stolen in the last week. Luckily they couldn't break the lock and only got my climbing sticks. They did cut the strap on one of the tree stands- the stand were on two separate properties in two separate townships in the south hils of pittsburgh. So if anyone knows of this crap going on in the area, let me know.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Theres a guy or guys who have a 20' ladderstand, climbing treestand and a ground blind within 10 feet of each other. Been there all season long. He just leaves them there..dont know why. Not locked or anything. Right off a gaswell road next to the railroad tracks about 100 yards from a major road. Never seen anyone in them while heading to my hunting spots this season but lots of boot tracks around them so they were using them.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
I may be the only person who feels this way but I cant WAIT until the day I hear that a guy attempting to steal a trail cam was killed by an I.E.D.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So let me get this straight, you Basically , with your post, just enlighted a possible thief! With your detailed treasure map. to go in there and take this guys stuff. Why don't you just tack it off so somebody is sure to find them. Unbelievable !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts