The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone Last Night(1/8/13)at around 8Pm a customer walked out of The Archer's Edge in Oakdale with a 2012 Bowtech Insanity Left Hand that was stolen from us. It is 70# bow in Black Ops. He gave us a psuedo name and we have the serial number and a description of the guy is about 5'9" curly reddish brown hair pale complection and is a local hunter. Any Information please post or call The Archer's Edge 412-489-5670.

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Any vehicle description? I live a minute from your shop. I have got to stop in and say hi some time.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No description on the vehicle.. this was not his first visit to the shop however. He had been in several times looking at the bow, obviously waiting for his chance to take off. But you should definitely stop down and say hello sometime

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I'm local as well, just a few miles from your shop. Know a good many hunters in the area and word spreads quickly. Got my BowTech Stryker from you folks.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Do you have any cameras running in the shop where he can be id'ed by pic?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Watch Craig's list, Archery Talk or other places he may be trying to sell it on, although if he was in there that much he wanted it for himself I suppose

·
20,155 Posts
Duckman69 said:
Watch Craig's list, Archery Talk or other places he may be trying to sell it on, although if he was in there that much he wanted it for himself I suppose
Bingo!! I'd keep a watch of all but in this case I have a hunch he wants to keep it. If he's truely a local hunter you'll catch up with him in passing at some point. Small world we live in.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A police report has been made and thats how we know the name was pseudo. No one in the police database with the name given to us matched the description of the thief. We do not have camera footage of the thief which would have been nice. But the one night he was in the shop he was wearing hunting clothes like he just came out of the woods.. which makes us think he has to be local. We have alerted all archery shops within 50 miles or so. And we know what the serial number on the bow was so it has been reported to Bowtech as stolen if anyone should try to contact them about it.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Sorry to hear that robbie. If he gave you a name, someone must have spoke with him so you should have a good idea of what he looks like, right? Maybe post something in local archery clubs and ranges as well. Hope you get him and recover your bow.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I've been to your shop, it's nice. How old was the guy? I'm a local guy as well and will keep my ears open.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank You bushmaster. He was early to mid twenties. I have called as many pro shops as I can get a hold of so we are trying to get the word out as far as possible.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I work near you guys and know a lot of hunters in the area- I will keep my eyes open for this goof

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Seems obvious but did you report it to Bowtech? In case the dumby tries to register the warranty maybe they could catch him haha.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We are just trying to keep as many eyes and ears open as possible. The bow was reported to Bowtech and now will show up as stolen if the serial number is ever run in their system. Thanks to all keeping an eye out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No updates yet I also work at the shop and it is sad what todays world is coming to. Thank you all for the help and offering to keep your eyes open. We are monitoring archery talk, craigslist, and other internet sales sites. Thank all of you again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts