The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me that they are starting to make and put primers in bullets so that they are only good for about two years once they hit the shelves. I am assuming that they are doing this to deter people from stock piling ammunition. Has anybody else heard of this?

·
Registered
25,593 Posts
Ask him if he has any idea where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

Another "wives tale" that even the worst wife would shy away from. PS: Primers go in one end of a cartridge, bullets go in the other end.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Its already happening...BUT being the nice concerned guy I am...I'll help ya out. I'll give ya 2 bucks for every box of ammo over 2yrs old...even if its 5yrs old.
223, 243, 308 , 7mag, 300 Rum...22lr..anything let me know...just because i do care.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didnt really expect to be made fun of or laughed at for asking a question, but ok. I guess its just a bunch of bull. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Buck, nobody is making fun here. It's simply a wife's tale and that's it. We hear it too often in today's society about how we will experience little road blocks to prevent us, the citizens, from using, shooting and owning firearms.

Even hoarding ammo and components as is the case here.

What you will notice, here, is there are many of these "wive's tales" that get brought up almost weekly, sometimes daily... especially after hunting season during "cabin fever" time.

We don't take these things seriously around here anymore... here it too often. When it's a serious one, you and I will both know

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, ok. Im sorta of a newbie still. You guys have probably beat every issue to death about 10 times over. Sorry for gettin all tender on ya.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
No problem... I know you took a little offense to my clown face, I am very sorry for that. I didn't mean it to poke fun at you in that way.

But you will see, as you hang around this place more, that people get emails, they hear things in gunshops, etc. about all types of banning and regulations on guns and components.

Just keep in mind though, that we have members here that will be letting every last one of us know well in advance if something like this were to ever happen. You will know in plenty of time if it happens to be true or not.

·
Premium Member
5,283 Posts
Have to say it sounded a little far fetched.
Lesson be learned, don't make a mistake on this this site.

God I wish I were Perfect.

·
Registered
25,593 Posts
I hereby dub thee perfect, via the powers vested by them what done gave me mod status and some special mojo of my own.

There, go forth and never take a false step again.

I'll give ya 2 bucks for every box of ammo over 2yrs old...even if its 5yrs old.
Ghog, I may well have factory ammo that's older than you are? Know some is older'n I am and I'm 63. And it still works fine.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Susqyjoe said:
Have to say it sounded a little far fetched.
Lesson be learned, don't make a mistake on this this site.

God I wish I were Perfect.
No need for the smart remarks man

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sorry was just joking around. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
Denny I'm sure ya do an I've shot some ammo thats older than me amazing how things last when properly cared for.
I'll try to watch my steps from hence forth. Once again sorry for any sorts of hurt feelings. An Merry Christmas to all

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I think what happens this time of the year after the season is alot of guys are very frustrated with hunting. A walk outside does a man wonders, even if it's not hunting

·
Registered
264 Posts
There are a lot of wild ideas out there. But even if you stockpile ammo you maybe wasting your time. Some companies are already changing from lead bullets to other materials.Eventually lead bullets will be banned so what will you do with your old ones but maybe reload them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts