The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any stock makers in central PA? I picked up a TC Hawken and a steal of a price and have a peice of curly maple in my basement. I would like to get a full stock made for it using this wood.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Well Skeeter there are alot of fellows that could do that for you, I mean create a stock from scratch from a plank of curly maple. Some of those same fellows are so persnickety that they wouldn't be caught dead with a production gun.

So I think the fellow that you should contact is Fred Miller. He's one heck of a nice guy and will do whatever you want as long as it's in his power. He duplicates all kinds of wood products including different styles or schools of longrifles. He'll inlet the barrel, drill the ramrod hole and channel, and possibly inlet the lock...you'd just have to talk it over with him. His address is as follows:

Fred J. Miller
4025 Red Ridge Road
Mifflinburg, PA 17844
PH: 570-922-1861

Give him a call and talk your project over with you. He'll tell you what he can do and what he can't. Again, he's a real nice fellow and a neat person to know. Good luck with your endeavor.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Ya know, I wasn't aware Dave Keck did that. I do know that Dave makes the finest, and I mean finest, castings of triggerguards, butt plates, etc. of anyone in the business.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dave has the same machine Fred has. They are real good friends. Fred actually heplped Dave set up his machine. Dave supplies Fred castings to sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts