The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the Steelers win? If so, how?

*disclaimer-I am not a member of the Steelers coaching staff or related to any of them or even know any of them personally. That said, any reasonable suggestions may be forwarded to the Steelers front office.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
If they blow out Brady's knee, the final score on this doesn't matter.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Honestly, get pressure in Marsha's face. Tackle the receivers and hit them hard whenever they make a catch. Control the clock by being efficient in the offense, preferably by pounding Redman into their linebackers about 40 times. But since Arians would never consider that, short, high percentage pass plays will work.

·
6,450 Posts
im gonna go out on a limb and say there will be a total over 800 yds passing in this game

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
steelerfan58 said:
Honestly, get pressure in Marsha's face. Tackle the receivers and hit them hard whenever they make a catch. Control the clock by being efficient in the offense, preferably by pounding Redman into their linebackers about 40 times. But since Arians would never consider that, short, high percentage pass plays will work.
The Pats D isn't too good. You'd think the Steelers could exploit that. Plus, running a lot (if successful) would keep Brady off the field, which is probably the best way to beat him.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I still say go with Plan A. A torn ACL will definitely keep him off the field.

·
6,450 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
They need to drop more guys into coverage. The defenses that do this have the most success against Brady.
i disagree eye its the guys that get pressure with the blitz that beat brady he is afraid to get hit. just watch his last superbowl.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
BuckRub00 said:
Can the Steelers win?
No, LaBeau is clueless on how to defend this quick pass offense. Take the over(52)
Somehow, I doubt Lebeau is clueless. IMO, its been a problem of execution. And it doesn't help when there is a flag thrown anytime the defense says something not nice to Brady.

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
That's true but how has that worked out for the Steelers against him in the past? LOL Last year in the playoffs the Jets dropped into coverage more than they rushed him. The result was a confused Brady and a win.

·
6,450 Posts
eyefromthesky said:
That's true but how has that worked out for the Steelers against him in the past? LOL Last year in the playoffs the Jets dropped into coverage more than they rushed him. The result was a confused Brady and a win.
touche'

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I think we have a horrible time defending the pass, Ike is a good number 2 corner but when he's your best look out. So essentially as mentioned we can't defend the short passes when randall gay is playing 15 yards off the reciever. So as mentioned there is only two ways to beat brady 1) have buckethead arrest him and put him in a holding cell with alot of steelers fans or 2) pound the crap out of marsha, if he can't throw he can't complete passes, put him on his but enough and he gets happy feet, gotta be willing to take the penalties because the refs are gonna throw flags but if your gonna get beat anyways why not have some fun with it? I want to see Woodley tee off on this guy repeatedly then even if we do lose I'll still feel all warm inside.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
You have to get pressure up the middle to frustrate Brady and disrupt the timing in the passing game. The D line needs to get a solid push. Get their hands up, and knock some passes down. If the Steelers can shut down the Pats TE's, I think they can win. It's a bad match up for the Steelers, and the Pats will go after the weak spot. Then, when the Steelers figure out the coverage, the Pats just start running the ball...

The Pat defense is last in the league vs the pass, and in the top ten against the run. I say to win the Steelers Offense has to go "no huddle"/up-tempo on offense. Dink, dunk, and take the bomb when it is there. Get that beast of a man Wilfork to tire out quickly. If successful, only then can the running game be successful.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Sweep the leg, Lamar, hopefully Wes and Marsha at the same time.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts