The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think they pick?

I'd love to see Eddie Lacy. Some are saying Jones from Georgia, Patterson from Tenn, even the TE from Notre Dame.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
6,450 Posts
a lot of experts are saying jones.....makes me real nervous when the "experts" say that's the guy and we end up with him......just saying
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jones is a player, but his speed and back issues worry me. I would love it if they got Lacy.

A D lineman or safety wouldn't hurt either
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,707 Posts
The real question is, if Colbert doesn't come up big in this draft, who will they hire as the new G.M.?

Seems like the track record isn't so great since Bill Cowher left. Maybe just coincidence, where they are picking, and all that.

Ziggy Hood - serviceable but not what you'd expect from a #1.

Heyward - B-U-S-T

DeCastro - Unfortunate injury, or an injury prone lineman? One year isn't a fair trial, but that thought has to be considered.

Pouncey - a player, but consider some of his Tweets, a few injuries may have limited him a little bit, but so far he's not lived up to the hype as the Next Dermontti Dawson.

Doesn't really matter anyway, too many holes on this team, couple of safeties one more big hit away from dementia, no running game, typical erratic corners, getting a wildcard berth this year will be very lucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,160 Posts
DethFrumAbuv said:
The real question is, if Colbert doesn't come up big in this draft, who will they hire as the new G.M.?

Seems like the track record isn't so great since Bill Cowher left. Maybe just coincidence, where they are picking, and all that.

Ziggy Hood - serviceable but not what you'd expect from a #1.

Heyward - B-U-S-T

DeCastro - Unfortunate injury, or an injury prone lineman? One year isn't a fair trial, but that thought has to be considered.

Pouncey - a player, but consider some of his Tweets, a few injuries may have limited him a little bit, but so far he's not lived up to the hype as the Next Dermontti Dawson.

Doesn't really matter anyway, too many holes on this team, couple of safeties one more big hit away from dementia, no running game, typical erratic corners, getting a wildcard berth this year will be very lucky.
Take a look at the Steelers picks in 1996 and 97. Bad (mediocre really) draft classes happen to everyone. How many Super Bowl teams has Colbert help assemble? Cowhers influence in this regard is way over-rated. If BC always had his way, we'd be talking about Philip Rivers as the Steelers starting QB. Pouncey is one of, if not the best center in the game right now. It's not really his fault the rest of the line has stunk, injuries, whatever. To "fault" De Castro seems a little short sighted as well. Do they need to do better, yes. Is it all Colberts fault? no.

I forgot to mention, I'd like to see a CB or LB in this spot. There is value in the RB spot in the later rounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about Floyd still out there. If jones stays healthy he's a beast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,160 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
Well, what do you know, the Steelers once again ignore their true needs and draft yet another LB...
Since they have a plethora of top level LB's. Just so you know: "he didn't let up in 2012, leading the nation in sacks, tackles for loss and forced fumbles. Jones also showed the versatility to play the run and get the job done in coverage."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,313 Posts
eddie spaghetti said:
DethFrumAbuv said:
The real question is, if Colbert doesn't come up big in this draft, who will they hire as the new G.M.?

Seems like the track record isn't so great since Bill Cowher left. Maybe just coincidence, where they are picking, and all that.

Ziggy Hood - serviceable but not what you'd expect from a #1.

Heyward - B-U-S-T

DeCastro - Unfortunate injury, or an injury prone lineman? One year isn't a fair trial, but that thought has to be considered.

Pouncey - a player, but consider some of his Tweets, a few injuries may have limited him a little bit, but so far he's not lived up to the hype as the Next Dermontti Dawson.

Doesn't really matter anyway, too many holes on this team, couple of safeties one more big hit away from dementia, no running game, typical erratic corners, getting a wildcard berth this year will be very lucky.
Take a look at the Steelers picks in 1996 and 97. Bad (mediocre really) draft classes happen to everyone. How many Super Bowl teams has Colbert help assemble? Cowhers influence in this regard is way over-rated. If BC always had his way, we'd be talking about Philip Rivers as the Steelers starting QB. Pouncey is one of, if not the best center in the game right now. It's not really his fault the rest of the line has stunk, injuries, whatever. To "fault" De Castro seems a little short sighted as well. Do they need to do better, yes. Is it all Colberts fault? no.

I forgot to mention, I'd like to see a CB or LB in this spot. There is value in the RB spot in the later rounds.
Like the Jones pick. I also think Colbert is still the guy for the job. The only area where I can really fault him is taking a few guys with character issues like Rainey and Ta'amu.
Maybe Ta'amu can get his act together though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where do they go from Jones? A safety, a wr, a rb? I still hope Lacy is available. He's like a younger niftier Bus, or a Mendenhall with some guts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,313 Posts
I like Lacy too but I don't think he will be there with their next pick. If not, I also would like them to take a WR or a safety.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,831 Posts
If they were to take a RB, I would prefer Lacey, or Montee Ball....

I would have liked to see them take a corner in the first round, so if there are decent corners with a second round grade, I would like to see that, or a safety....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,160 Posts
Buckshot1822 said:
If they were to take a RB, I would prefer Lacey, or Montee Ball....

I would have liked to see them take a corner in the first round, so if there are decent corners with a second round grade, I would like to see that, or a safety....
I'm another Montee Ball fan. Have been for a couple years. Lacey has the pedigree, and is a good all around back. Good hands as well as good feet. I think that Ball could be the "horse" the Steelers need. Give him the ball, make a block, and let him do his thing.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top