The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to find out if I am baiting for and hunting coyotes do I have to pull my bait 30 days before bear or deer season?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If you are not deer hunting the area and it is on your own ground then I'd say no. I would just make sure that there are no deer or bear shot anywhere close to those areas that you are baiting.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
TDF...you can bait for coyotes all year long...but if your placing bait out...you better not harvest a bear or deer in that area.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
There is no stipulation on what bait can be used (to my understanding) ....the only stipulation on bait for coyotes (or feeding in general)is basically if an officer feels that bears are coming into the bait....then they may ask you to stop baiting.

If I am wrong in this, please show me where (not being smart, this is the information being given out by PGC Hbg.)

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Pa-Plinker said:
Depends on what is being used as bait.
I was going to say that...

But, there is a Problem....some things used to bait Coyotes would not be interesting to deer to eat, you would then be ok with baiting coyotes and hunting deer, but Bears on the other hand, it would be hard to place something out that they would Not be interested in eating!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That is exactly my point Woody. If I'm sitting over a pile of roadkills during deer season does anyone think I'm hunting deer over bait? Now if I'm bear hunting...press hard 5 copies!!!

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
sorry Plink...misunderstanding on my part about what you meant about depends on kind of bait

·
6,466 Posts
just my opinion if your putting meat scraps out then you could hunt deer. a w.c.o. would use his best judgement on that one. all though there was a post on here about a buck with canines so dont shoot that one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
WCO and best judgement sometimes don't go together. Most are top notch officers but I know a few who really need some public relation skills. I guess that depends on which county you are hunting in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts