The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
If are looking for a camp near good hunting and fishing,
in Potter/Tioga with proven Sewage, Gas service and new Electric service, with high speed digital cable access. This camp is on about 3/4 of an acre of land, and can be had for $30,000. If you restore the camp and clean the land up, the value of the place will be about $150,000 - $190,000 on a private lane in this area. Galeton School District and Tioga County taxes, are more than reasonable.
If you have an interest let me know.
Pined Creek/Dave

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gearhart,
Try it now, just deleted a bunch.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
895 Posts
do you have a google earth point to look at area?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Whoa....Hold on there neighbor. I tried to buy that!!!! He pulled the sale when I was looking into that peice of property.
Don't forget to post the picture of the trailer next to it and on the same property. I'm talking a mobile home thats 14 X 72 perpendicular and 20 feet away from the small camp.
There are some issues with that property. If you don't believe me, check with Bob over at Stevens Real Estate.
Dave- I tried to look into some issues,like the sewer. As soon as Bob talked with the other sales agent that was dealing with the account, the sale was pulled!!!
As for the cabin...It's completely stripped inside. It has a new shower and a new water heater but the floor isn't even completed inside. You must step on a 2X8 plank to walk across to the part of the floor that's completed. I could on about the rest but the big thing is the septic. I found the well on the property. It's just a foot north of the building you're looking at. OK, good. Where's the septic??? No one knows. I was willing to spend the money to have a torpedo flushed down the bathroom(inside the trailer,as there is no bathroom inside the cabin) and have the radio frequency of the torpedo tell me wehere the septic is. At my cost!!! Nope, the seller pulled the sale. Listen guys, I just spent $12 grand getting a septic on my property about 7 miles away from there so I know what the rules are. The property is .65 acres on the deed. Pine creek is about 150 yrds away. Where is the septic going??? Where is the power coming from to power the trailer?? From inside the camp but the power will need to be replaced. Power runs from the small cabin to the trailer. When I looked at it, there were people still living in the trailer, are they still there?? As you see by the toys in the yard, they are from the people that live in the trailer. Will they be gone when you buy it??
Lots of questions and boy I wasn't getting the answers.

Dave-I'm not sure but I guessing the owner asked you to help him out. I respect your judgment and I have always looked forward to your conversation but there are issues here and I think they should be addressed before anyone thinks of buying this.
If anyone has any questions and you want to call me concerning those issues, I'll be glad to return your call. I'm not advocating not buying it but you need to know the facts.

Big D

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I too considered it last year. Same story sale pulled. Now coined for sale but "Not on the Market". No disrespect meant to anyone involved, but that is an " AS IS" property, and probably needs 30 grand to be habitable, MHO.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Yes. You can give away the mobile home if it has a title. If you have to move it thats $1000 to $1200 . Its a sweet spot, but 30 large is pie in the sky for whats there now.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
All it takes is $$$$. If you plan to renovate, the septic would be inspected. More than likely they would make you bring it up to codes, which in that case means start over. With less than an acre, most townships get picky. Distances from well, from dwelling, etc all come into play. If you could find the septic, keep only the bathrooms that are present, you may get away with it, but I really doubt it. They are alot fussier then they used to be.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gentlemen,
I am not trying to help the owner, I simply want a good neighbor to fix this place up, the septic system on this property works always has. This property was pulled off the market and nobody knows just why. Stevens who had it listed, advised me that the owner had personal problems.
The office manager advied me that the owner would take $30,000 for the property as is. The camp is gutterd with a new steel roof, and there is an old 60's type trailer on the property with renters. Land with utilities, especially natural gas, usually goes for a lot more money in this area.
If someone wants to get rid of the trailer and restores the camp themselves, it's well worth doing. When restored even small camps in this area are worth around $139,000 - $150,000. If you log this old place, it will be worth some serious money. If you are handy you can turn this property into a real nice place, it was very ncie at one time.
The only reason I have not purchased it myself is that after having a major heart attack, I am down sizing,
not expanding. Would love to have some good neighbors however.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
20,595 Posts
With all due respect, a septic system that works might not necessarily be legal.

·
Registered
12,734 Posts
To me that place isn`t worth even close to $30,000. To me it it worth about $5-10,000. For $30,000 I would want alot more land and/or nicer place and a very quiet. No disrespect, just my thoughts of what a place is worth too me is all.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Again, no dispespect, but there is no serious money in "logs" on 3/4 acre. It would not mattter if the tree of Heaven or Jacks Beanstalk was there. The owner is the problem, stuck on a price thats way too high. Also, Gas prospect rights in that zone are about $2300 per acre, so there you would be looking at a one time $1700. There is no payday in that property, just pay-out. A talented person could do something great there, but the purchase price is just silly.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts