The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water temps cooling down, the fish catching heating up. Hit the Susquehanna this morning around 7 am... Fished till 4pm. Landed 43 smallies and 2 walleye. 6 of the smallies were over 18 inches, with the largest hitting 21.5" Lost numerous other fish and many more hits. Top water and Stick baits.

·
Premium Member
5,438 Posts
The river was raging this past weekend.
I was in Liverpool, a lot of debree floating down.
I'd be carefull out there.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I think i'm done smallie fishing for a long while. Crazy how it changes, 2 weeks ago I tried the Stogey and it was so low I could barely find fishable water, now it's rolling so high I couldn't wade a few feet off bank. Going over the susky everyday on Rt 30, it still looks very high and mean.

·
Registered
523 Posts
wampire we are not done...we were still catching fish this time of year...the water will go down but lets flyfish for trout this weekend if you have time

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Sorry penns.. I got ol wamp started with a bow.. My money is on his either bow hunting or practicing shooting his bow during his free time... I mean... come on... Catcing a fish, or have a heart throbbing experienece with a big tall 8pt 10 yards away right before you send an arrown through his lungs.... Choice in Clear IMO!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts