The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Flinter for a last season walk. Came Home and figured I would put my Hunting Clothes away in my Shop. Came into the House the steps were dry. Gathered everthing up , went out the Door, steps were Ice! Left foot went flying, I went flying. Right foot landed crooked on third step. Hit my Ribs on the corner of the landing. I felt my Ankle breaking . Fortunatly the clothes cushioned the Ribs or I would have suffered a major injury. Anyhow, I landed on my back, my ankle was at a right angle. Missus came out and gathered me up. Went to Punxsy Hospital and after a three hour operation , two and half day stay, I am Home. Both side Bones are broken, two chips off the inside and a torn Ligament. I go Wednesday to get a cast on it. The Grandaughters want me to get a Blaze Orange one! So. Here i sit with a smashed Ankle,two screws and a Rod through it, a Walker, a Bottle of Oxycodone and pretty danged depressed and hurting like heck. But, I have a loving Wife/ Servant , until I can walk again and a year to recoop.And, I came Home with P-Bottle and a Ice Bag and some other plastic medical stuff! Ya` just never know.....

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
wow ,glad to hear thats all that was broken .If you never took the oxy's just becareful with them they are wicked and might upset the gut
nothing worse then already hurting like the devil and then ending up tossin the lunch

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Ron----prayers for a speedy recovery----Do you need anything--if so PM me!

·
Banned
900 Posts
Wow!! I thought missing the first day of Flinter season was bad enough due to daughter's emergency appendectomy!

Always look for the silver lining......You got plenty of recovery time before 12/26/2010.

Get well soon!

·
Registered
12,720 Posts
Racin41 said:
wow ,glad to hear thats all that was broken .If you never took the oxy's just becareful with them they are wicked and might upset the gut
nothing worse then already hurting like the devil and then ending up tossin the lunch
The ones Ron has Oxycodone are the weak one, it`s Oxycoton that are the addictive and very strong ones!! Get well soon Ron.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts