The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any expert or near-expert stereo speaker guru's out there?

Looking to upgrade my Bose Acoustimass 6 series iii 5.1-channel speaker system to something that will provide more full range quality sound. Thoughts on what to go to?

Receiver is a Yamaha RV-905 and I don't plan on replacing it.

<span style="font-size: 8pt">(DIYA, BCOZ, CHAOS, DINGO, Timberdiddle, and Buckethead need not reply. We all know you're deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other ear.)</span>

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been doing a good bit of research. The info "out there" on home speakers is mind boggling. One common theme I'm seeing (and heard before) is that Bose is over priced, under-performing, and GREAT at marketing. I believe that now. It's not that they are "bad speakers", but you can get equivalent for half the price.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 701's and love them other than the size.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
GIE our family just got the Bose airwave. Way below what you are looking for. The marketing is overpowering.
Axiom LFR1100 if you hit the lottery. My brother traded a car for his.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Deer archer said:
GIE our family just got the Bose airwave. Way below what you are looking for. The marketing is overpowering.
Axiom LFR1100 if you hit the lottery. My brother traded a car for his.
Yea, the Axioms fall into the high end of speakers and you can still go way higher than them. I'm just looking for something better than Bose but not spending a fortune. From what I've read so far, you can do much better than Bose for the same price or just a little bit more. Bose are very poor in the mid-range output quality. At least the Acoustimass series are. Not necessarily the other models of Bose.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
InVenangoNow said:
GIE said:
I have 701's and love them other than the size.
Way over rated! If you bought them you are trying to compensate for something else. Maybe a small nose or short arms.
Tweeters. Their tweeters are very small. Cubes small.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, he is still one of my favies!!!

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Or maybe something in a......

leaf pattern i Phone.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts