The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steelers at the Eagles this Sunday at 4:25pm. Seems like no matter the records, this is always a typical PA intrastate rivalry that is hotly contested and tight.

What is your prediction?

I am saying the Steelers will win 30-24.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Eagles will have a short work week and a rookie QB learning on the fly.
A lot could affect the outcome of that game. How banged up do the Eagles get tonight, will Ertz be healthy enough to play, and will Johnson still be on the O line or will his suspension kick in.
Travel shouldn't be that big of an issue since returning from tonight's game isn't cross country and flying out Saturday to Pittsburgh is no big deal.

I think if the defense comes out of this game healthy Ben will have his hands full.
I pick the Eagles by 3 24-21

·
Registered
39,252 Posts
Coming off a Monday night game is never good for any team. Likewise, playing a Thursday night game is not good for any team.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
The Steelers have a history of welcoming rookie QB's to the NFL....

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself," Elway said. "I'm thinking, `You can have your money back. Just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant.'

"I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there"

John Elway on seeing Jack Lambert for the first time.

·
Registered
39,252 Posts
That's funny. But that was when the name of the game was "Kill the Quarterback." Those days are over. Now, if you touch a QB the wrong way and the refs don't like it, it's a 15 yard flag. I miss those days.

I remember Jack Lambert throwing a Dallas Cowboy to the ground because he patted/taunted the Steelers kicker on the head after he missed a FG.

Do that today......15 yard penalty at least, probably a fine and maybe a suspension.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dc 21 said:
I remember Jack Lambert throwing a Dallas Cowboy to the ground because he patted/taunted the Steelers kicker on the head after he missed a FG.
That was either Charlie Waters or Cliff Harris in Superbowl 10. The kicker was Roy Gerela who was notorious for missing.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
The ref tried to toss Lambert out of the game but changed his mind after Lambert protested as it was the super bowl.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
It was Cliff Harris.

I kinda like Ben's chances when the other team is starting a rookie. He's not going to allow himself to lose to a kid in his third game.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I normally don't follow the Eagles at all. But I'm going to watch at least the first half tonight against the Bears just to check them out.

I still don't think they have the goods just yet to beat the Steelers...

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Wentz has about 2 more games before his game tapes start catching up with him. Like most rookies he stares down receivers painfully long.

·
Registered
39,252 Posts
He's played two NFL games and half of a preseason game. So far, I think he's doing pretty good considering the experience he has.

He's a smart kid. I think he'll adjust as time goes on. The reality is, he can't lose at this point in his career. Beat the Steelers and everybody will rave about him. Lose to the Steelers and everybody will say, he's growing and he'll get better, he'll learn from his mistakes.

Geez, I sure hope the Steelers don't lose to a rookie QB with very little NFL experience. That would be awful. Wouldn't it?

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Im impressed Pederson is a lot better at putting a game plan together then I expected this early in the game.
To win the division the Eagles only need to worry about beating the Giants, Redskins and Cowgirls [email protected]

They worked for now but not sure how many times going to the well on 4th and short is going to work for them, definitely not after Johnsons suspension kicks in.

Except for maybe Sturgis it looks like everyone escaped injuries.
If Ertz can play and depending on which Matthews shows up the Eagles have a great shot at being 3-0 Sunday night.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts