The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year, $1.8 million deal.

I'm not so sure about this one. Cotchery is no different then Ward IMO. He is getting old, he is short, he is slow and he had a bad back. The only redeeming quality is that he has good hands just like Hines.

Many Steeler fans are already claiming that the Steelers now have the deepest receiving corps in the NFL. Seriously??? I predict that Cotchery will be mostly a non factor this season. What say you?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Veteran guy who might be third receiver. Injury protection. He'll be servicable without being outstanding.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Cotcher is 6'1". Not short by my definition. He's no Burress. He's faster than Ward and has pretty good hands. ?I like the addition.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately 6'1" is not very big by receiver standards anymore. We are in the age of big receivers like Moss, T.O., Ocho, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall and Fitzgerald. Sure the small guys like Steve Smith and DeSean Jackson can be successful but they have speed.

As of now Cotchery is the Steelers' tallest receiver and that isn't saying much for another fairly slow guy. It really is too bad that Sweed turned out to be a joke.

Oh well, I'll be rooting for him and the rest of the black and gold come September but I'm not getting my hopes up for him to be a stud.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant STARTERS. The Steelers actually have a guy that is 6'9" but he is nowhere near being a starter.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Well, it doesn't matter how tall a guy is, he's not gonna start ahead of Ward or Wallace. Even Burress wouldn't have done that.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
He is better then Randle El and I am just glad they added a little more depth in case someone gets injured. Not really expecting too much from him as long as Sanders and Brown continue to progress.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Having a guy who can catch the ball never hurts. He was brought on to do that, not be the #1 or even the #2 guy.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
steelhead125 said:
He is better then Randle El and I am just glad they added a little more depth in case someone gets injured. Not really expecting too much from him as long as Sanders and Brown continue to progress.
I'm right with you on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts