The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the Steelers have bothered signing Bruce Gradkowski if they were going to draft Landry Jones?

Did Charlie Batch really need replacing this year?

I guess the Steelers are now worried about Ben's durability.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I think this has less to do with durability, amd more about the future. Ben's 31, 5 years into an 8 year deal. Unless I'm mistaken, Batch, 38, is still unsigned. Gradkowski is 30, and not the heir apparent. I'm not sure Landry is Ben's replacement, but a live arm in camp is a good thing. If he makes the team, I think Gradkowski is #2 and Batch is gone for sure.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
We all love Batch, but it is time for him to become the QB Coach officially. Ben and durability should never be mentioned in the same sentence unless someone is speaking about his lack of durability.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree Batch should probably retire.

He has been a good player for the Steelers though.

I'm not sure Landry is Ben's replacement,
I think he has the potential to be. Lets hope he does not turn out to be another Neil O'Donnell or Kordell Stewart. A guy who had the tools to be a solid QB but just could not finish the deal in the biggest games.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
GobbleBuck said:
We all love Batch, but it is time for him to become the QB Coach officially. Ben and durability should never be mentioned in the same sentence unless someone is speaking about his lack of durability.
That's a bit rough on Ben, don't ya think? With the patchwork offensive line we've had the past few years, anybody else would have been killed by now. (O.K. a little over dramatization, maybe.) You're not going to find a much stronger, physically tougher guy than Ben.

I agree on Batch, what's not to love about him, except that his best playing days are far behind him. Great guy to have on the sidelines.

I can almost guarantee that we will need three quarterbacks, before seasons end. I also agree that Gradkowski will be #2 and Landry will be #3, if he makes the team.

·
Registered
398 Posts
What happened to Batch and Leftwich? Did anybody sign either of them?
I will miss Batch. He played very well for the Steelers. I think he would make a good QB coach.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Dobsonknob said:
It looks like they also added John Parker Wilson, former Atlanta backup to the roster as well
Training camp depth. Someone to keep the undrafted free agents busy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts