The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, who do we need? Who will we get?

Has the Coaching staff learned anything about the draft?

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
I'd go with Mackenzie Alexader with the 1st pick. After that, safety, unless an absolute stud falls to us at another position. After that, it's not too early to look at insurance against Bell leaving via free agency, or picking up a raw QB to work with Ben.

Or we trade Landry Jones to the Browns for their first 3 picks. They just might go for it.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
I'd got with that guy that ran the 40 yesterday, and his "stuff" made a grand appearance.
He's been gettin' a bunch of exposure lately.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Or we trade Landry Jones to the Browns for their first 3 picks. They just might go for it.
The Browns are too savvy for that. They wouldn't do it for anything less than 4 picks.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Not if we ask them for Joe Thomas (with them picking up half his contract).

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
The Steelers really need to trade all their 1st rounders for the next three or four years to Atlanta for Julio Jones...

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
The Steelers really need to trade all their 1st rounders for the next three or four years to Atlanta for Julio Jones...
Too easy--I said I'm swearing off Julio jokes for today in appreciation of the Hornqvist thing and I meant it.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Out of curiosity, who was the last player we put the franchise tag on?

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
TraskOutdoors said:
I think someone hacked Trasks account.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
TraskOutdoors said:
Too easy--I said I'm swearing off Julio jokes for today in appreciation of the Hornqvist thing and I meant it.
Well I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
Out of curiosity, who was the last player we put the franchise tag on?
Worilds was transition tagged. It didn't say Woodley was ever franchised. Jeff Reed was franchised twice.

The Steelers don't like using it, and the players hate it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If Alexander or maybe Apple is there take one
If they're not, might want to look for nose tackle or d- end to spell Heyward and Tuitt
No sense in reaching if you have others rated higher than the corners that are there

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Not overly thrilled with Alexander at 5'10 and 0 INTs in two years.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Deion Sanders didn't get a lot of picks either. When you have the guy blanketed, you don't get a lot of chances to get interceptions.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
I don't want to see them reach for a CB, if there is a pick more worthy of their position in the draft available.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Looks like they're shoring up the tight end position by signing Green, and possibly Weddle. Left guard is situated with Foster. Beachum isn't out of the question to return. They're more active than usual on Day 1. They must be loading up for a SB shot.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't believe the Broncos let Osweiller get away! Crazy!

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Yeah--they go from Osweiler and Manning to possibly RGIII and Kaepernick. Elway will be the best QB option for them this year.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts