The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
16,004 Posts
I'll rooting for them as long as it's not against the Eagles.
I doubt you'll ever have to worry about the Eagles being in the super bowl again....

4 rookies on offense, an almost completly new O line, might take a game or two to get things sorted ot on offense? And in case anyone forgot, Ben threw for 3800 yds just last year. #8 in power rankings this week, 1st in AFC north.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm not holding my breath for it to happen.....but I would LOVE to see an all PA superbowl...

Okay, oxygen time.. The Beagles played Atlanta, and they are terrible. Let's not polish up a trophy yet for a QB that I think will be a stiff in Hurts.

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
6,210 Posts
Okay, oxygen time.. The Beagles played Atlanta, and they are terrible. Let's not polish up a trophy yet for a QB that I think will be a stiff in Hurts.
Not shouting SB here, Atlanta is not a good team but the EAGLES Crushed them and that's what Good teams do to lesser teams.
No need for name calling, I didn't say anything about the Steelers. So be courteous and call them the Eagles.

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
I am NOT saying this year. Nor am I utterly STUPID enough to think that would happen this year. I was talking at some point in the FUTURE.

If anyone should hold things up some, perhaps it's you. Nobody was polishing any trophy.

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
4 rookies on offense, an almost completly new O line, might take a game or two to get things sorted ot on offense? And in case anyone forgot, Ben threw for 3800 yds just last year. #8 in power rankings this week, 1st in AFC north.
Agreed. I'm not making any playoff reservations, but give credit where it's due. For all the questions surrounding the Steelers, going into Buffalo and winning that game in any fashion is a positive. I am not at all surprised that the first half of football that they ever played together on offense looked like it did. The O-line was not good. But it was better than last year's O-line. Did anybody watch Villanueva in last night's game? He got eaten alive and looked terrible.

The Steelers won a game that I did not expect them to. I'm sure at some point they'll lose a game that I don't expect them to. Very, very few people honestly thought they would be 1-0 right now, yet the beat a Buffalo team that many are predicting to win the AFC. If they can beat the Raiders this week, we'll see where it goes from there.
Even though they lost, Cleveland looked pretty good to me. I have to rate them as the favorite to win the division, But that's why they play the games...

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
No significant injuries it seems for Steelers, each week that can happen is one step in the right direction

Healthiest team at end of year wins AFC North. All four teams in consideration.

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
6,210 Posts
I know the Steelers have won their share of Super Bowls compared to 1 for the Eagles.The Eagles won 3 Championships before it was called the SB
But for the record the games between the between the 2 stands at 48-29-3 in favor of the Eagles

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
6,210 Posts
Also the SB trophy is called the Lombardi trophy. Lombardi was coach of the Green Bay Packers when the Eagles beat them
in the 1960 Championship.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
61 years ago, probably some parts of the body haven't decomposed.

They're walking around on Kensington Ave.

·
Registered
22,482 Posts
I know the Steelers have won their share of Super Bowls compared to 1 for the Eagles.The Eagles won 3 Championships before it was called the SB
But for the record the games between the between the 2 stands at 48-29-3 in favor of the Eagles
Before Noll came along the Steelers were pretty bad. Like, Pittsburgh Pirates bad.

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
6,210 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. I will have it restrung and lube the rails.
61 years ago, probably some parts of the body haven't decomposed.

They're walking around on Kensington Ave.
And Pittsburgh is the land of OZZ? Gimmie a break.
It always takes one that has to turn it Nasty and mess up a friendly topic.

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
6,210 Posts
Me Too Kudu.
Beyond being an Eagles fan nationally it was 1 of the Best Super Bowls ever played and that's a Fact.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
There goes Watt, the injury demon got him. No action in camp, raise the risk.

Can't cover a bed if they were a blanket.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Lots of mixed emotions with this game . Right now our offense is pretty putrid. I honestly can’t say anything good about them . With that being said I think they will improve some but that’s not saying much considering they can’t get any worse . Defensively there were a heck of a lot of injuries at key positions so I don’t want to be too hard on them .
My final analysis is regardless of injuries and our offensive ineptitude there is still really no excuse to lose against a west coast team that just came off of a emotional win in overtime on Monday night at home . We were basically embarrassed.
With that being said the season practically hasn’t even started so don’t write them off for dead just yet .
I also would buy Ebron a plane ticket and send him the heck out of here as soon as possible. You can’t rely on him whatsoever and he doesn’t block . A total waste of space in my opinion.
My player of the game is our kicker which is not very flattering when considering all three phases of the game .

21 - 40 of 55 Posts