The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1021 - 1040 of 1079 Posts

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
If you saw the clip of TJ Watt at the opening of training camp, when the inevitable question of a contract extension, he said all the right things (he's not stupid) but his body language and tone suggested that it isn't likely.

It's a business. Play next year under the tag, see where it all goes, big TV money hits, cash in.

I don't think with TJ that it's all just about "max money". He's got an older bro that can give advice on that topic.

I could be wrong no doubt, but just from the timing of where the cap will probably go, he's in the driver's seat to wait it out.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Yep, looks like Ingram's deal includes 4 voidable years so his bonus is stretched out (for now) and his cap hit this year is $1.66M. Saved $2.34M on this year, kicked the can down the road. If it works out and they want to keep him beyond next year, they'll restructure again.

Got some room to try to extend Watt and/or Fitzpatrick. With Nelson going to Philthy, can't see any kind of big FA signing now. Maybe some depth guy after cuts.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Only 3 head coaches in the entire team history, why would MT leave now?

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
Maybe you can only remember three, but there have been far more than that in the entire team history. He isn't going anywhere.....unless he wants to.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Maybe you can only remember three, but there have been far more than that in the entire team history. He isn't going anywhere.....unless he wants to.
Agree. Only 3 since 1969. Tomlin is here as long as he wants to be.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
And that may not be the best news. 42-21-1 in regular season in last four years is misleading.

Two years missed playoffs completely. Other two years blown out in first round as heavy favorites.

Promoted a buddy to OC who was clearly overmatched.

Allowed the AB, TikTok, LeVeon culture to permeate locker room. We now have AB Jr. In Smith-Schuster, AB-III in Claypool, and Cousin AB in Bush.

NFL is a "what have you done lately" league. Tomlin not so much once the loaded team he was handed ran its course. For years (much like the Pats) he was handed 4-0 when the schedule came out with Browns and Bengals twice.

Like hockey, regular seasons aren't remembered. Its the playoffs, where he's 8-8 overall and 0-2 in past five years.

Yinz can defend him all you want. I think he benefitted from stepping into a then great team and got a good reputation from that and all his quotes. He's somewhat over rated and lacks control of his players.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Guess James Washington is requesting a trade because of a lack of playing time . Can’t say I blame him but I am kind of disappointed. Always saw potential in him to be a really good player.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Guess James Washington is requesting a trade because of a lack of playing time . Can’t say I blame him but I am kind of disappointed. Always saw potential in him to be a really good player.
I think Washington is a good #3 WR. I don’t think he’s a #1 or #2. His contract is up after this year.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
I think Washington is a good #3 WR. I don’t think he’s a #1 or #2. His contract is up after this year.
I thought he possibly had #2 potential. It’s just a shame if they part ways . He wasn’t like the other ones with the social media and attention seeking . Just a blue collar, lunch pail type of player . Probably stems from humble beginnings on the family farm.
Anyhow if he does get traded I wish him nothing but success.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I thought he possibly had #2 potential. It’s just a shame if they part ways . He wasn’t like the other ones with the social media and attention seeking . Just a blue collar, lunch pail type of player . Probably stems from humble beginnings on the family farm.
Anyhow if he does get traded I wish him nothing but success.
Washington has the potential to be great but they need to get him on the field more and feed him the rock. When Dionte couldnt catch the ball they should have put Washington in more. I like him, not a flashy me me me guy. Hard worker and makes those hard contested catches in the clutch when given the oppertunity.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The thing about Washington is, he is among 4 starters. And really the 3 or 4 in line. He is not a #1 but really has not been given the chance to get great. Some team will have him. What is it with the Steelers that guys just want to be traded?

And if anybody noticed like I did in my office league, Bell is not even on an active roster..

·
Registered
22,482 Posts
Ebron and Friermuth are not helping Washingtons chances either. When you consider JuJu, Claypool, Dionte and those two guys, plus the (theoretical) commitment to running the ball more often, Washington figures to get few opportunities. However, by next year, you have to figure Ju Ju and Ebron will be gone.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Ebron and Friermuth are not helping Washington’s chances either. When you consider JuJu, Claypool, Dionte, and those two guys, plus the (theoretical) commitment to running the ball more often, Washington figures to get few opportunities. However, by next year, you have to figure Ju Ju and Ebron will be gone.
Ebron was extended to a third year.

JuJu and Washington will both be free agents after this season. They will likely try to sign JuJu, but may not succeed. Washington will not be resigned.

1021 - 1040 of 1079 Posts