The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

461 - 480 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
20,232 Posts
what was wrong with schuster, he kept falling down before the ball got to him. did he take a fall ?

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
what was wrong with schuster, he kept falling down before the ball got to him. did he take a fall ?
Wouldn't surprise me if it was a knee issue. Lose some stability there even without major structural damage. He was limited or out a lot of practice last week.

Or, he was trying to guess where the ball might end up. Lots of throws were all over the place.

Ben's 2021 cap hit is $41.5M without a restructure, which only kicks the can down the road. It's $22.5 if they release him or he retires.

They are like the hooker in Norfolk on Navy payday - totally screwed.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Heck, looked like half the team wore the wrong spikes last night. Not only Shuster...several others were slipping and falling all over the place, including Conner on the first play and miffing the recovery on the bad snap..... Shouldn't have been the weather affecting it....Ebron, Johnson....they were all falling all over the place.
At least I fell asleep in the middle of third after a long day skiing......

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Heck, looked like half the team wore the wrong spikes last night. Not only Shuster...several others were slipping and falling all over the place, including Conner on the first play and muffing the recovery on the bad snap..... Shouldn't have been the weather affecting it....Ebron, Johnson....they were all falling all over the place.
At least I fell asleep in the middle of third after a long day skiing......
I turned it off after the Browns went up 21-0.

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
I am kind of hoping the Steelers cut Ben. He is in obvious decline and I don’t want to sit through another season of watching him slowly digress as his body breaks down with each passing game. The offense needs young legs at the QB position and a new identity. I also want Conner gone. He can’t break tackles and takes away their physicality. We need a bruising RB that gets tough yards and punishes people.
I know there is also a lot more that needs fixed but these are two big ones for me.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Ben is over the hill. Still a good QB but he's only wants to stay and play to win a championship and that's not going to happen. Time to move on. With the free agents and weak players you're not going to see another play off in Pgh for some time. Steelers are going down the path of the Pirates. Train the guys so they can leave and make more money somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I am kind of hoping the Steelers cut Ben. He is in obvious decline and I don’t want to sit through another season of watching him slowly digress as his body breaks down with each passing game. The offense needs young legs at the QB position and a new identity. I also want Conner gone. He can’t break tackles and takes away their physicality. We need a bruising RB that gets tough yards and punishes people.
I know there is also a lot more that needs fixed but these are two big ones for me.
They may try to persuade him to retire like they did with Polamalu.

Connor is a free agent. He won’t be resigned. I expect the Steelers to draft a RB but I hope they don’t draft one in the first round. I think their top need is offensive line, in multiple positions. Villanueva is a free agent and won’t be resigned, so they will need a LT. Feiler is also a free agent and may not be resigned. Pouncey and DeCastro each have $14M cap hits and could be cut. Pouncey has said that if Ben retires, he will too. Even a great RB can’t do anything if the offensive line is lousy.

They have over 20 free agents and most won’t be resigned.

Offensive FAs:
Dobbs QB
Connor RB
Edmunds RB
Smith-Schuster WR
McCloud WR
McDonald TE (Steelers have a club option)
Villanueva OT
Feiler OG/OT
Banner OT
Hassenauer C
Isidora OG

Defensive FAs:
Dupree OLB
Marsh OLB
Adeniyi OLB
Elliott OLB
Spillane ILB
Williamson ILB
Allen S/ILB
Alualu NT
Wormley DT
Hilton CB
Sutton CB
Dangerfield S
Davis S

Special Teams
Berry P

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Ben is over the hill. Still a good QB but he's only wants to stay and play to win a championship and that's not going to happen. Time to move on. With the free agents and weak players you're not going to see another play off in Pgh for some time. Steelers are going down the path of the Pirates. Train the guys so they can leave and make more money somewhere else.
It’s impossible to keep all your good players with the cap. The Steelers are at least competitive. The Pirates aren’t.

·
Super Moderator
5,639 Posts
He’s going down the same path that Franco Harris and Willie Stargell travelled. They had great careers, but time caught up with them, but they hung around too long, one for greed ( Harris ), the other because he loved the game ( Stargell ). Harris‘s time was up...the Steelers knew it, but he signed with another team, only to be cut in mid season with 160 yards. In his final season, Stargell‘s knees were so racked with arthritis that he couldn’t run out a base hit even when it two hopped into left field. It was sad to watch what had become of him.

When you hang around too long, you damage your legacy. Some folks are gonna remember those final years, when your worn out body could no longer deliver.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
He’s going down the same path that Franco Harris and Willie Stargell travelled. They had great careers, but time caught up with them, but they hung around too long, one for greed ( Harris ), the other because he loved the game ( Stargell ). Harris‘s time was up...the Steelers knew it, but he signed with another team, only to be cut in mid season with 160 yards. In his final season, Stargell‘s knees were so racked with arthritis that he couldn’t run out a base hit even when it two hopped into left field. It was sad to watch what had become of him.

When you hang around too long, you damage your legacy. Some folks are gonna remember those final years, when your worn out body could no longer deliver.
Ben, Pouncey, Villanueva, and DeCastro are all over the hill.

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Classic Tomlin special. Looking past teams you should beat, that's Tomlins trademark play....

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Classic Tomlin special. Looking past teams you should beat, that's Tomlin's trademark play....
I wondered going in that the team would be overconfident due to almost winning the previous week when using backups and the Browns’ Covid situation.

·
Registered
10,196 Posts
Just found out Tim Lester died from supposed COVID-19 complications. He was only 52 .

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Check out the "Over The Cap" website, the cap situation with Ben and others is not optimal.

Ben counts $22.5M and Pouncey $6.5M against the cap regardless. They get cut or retire, thats their hit. If they play (assumimg no restructure) they count an ADDITIONAL $19M and $8M respectively.

Restructuring just pushes that $19M and $8M into future years. Fail to see any value in that.

Their problems are many and not going to get fixed in 2021. They are cornered with the cap.

461 - 480 of 530 Posts