The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Been more news accountings of who wore who's name and/or who will wear who's name on their helmet the future than there has been news on last weeks or Sunday's game...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
As much as I was looking forward to this years season, no NFL for my house. I'm not spending my time supporting a Marxist organization and a bunch of Hate America thugs!

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ruger, I agree. I don't think the NFL really understands what BLM as an organization is all about. And you are right, BLM is a Marxist bunch of hate mongers. They don't want racial equality, they want black supremacy. That being said, I'm watching football and tuning out the rest.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
You really think the NFL doesn't understand what BLM is all about??? I'm pretty certain there are some pretty smart guys at the NFL.....they perfectly well understand. I'm not going any further into it in this thread.. I don't want to derail a fan page thread...but the NFL understands, you can bet on that. All of their actions are based on what they perceive to be best for their bottom line.

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
You really think the NFL doesn't understand what BLM is all about??? I'm pretty certain there are some pretty smart guys at the NFL.....they perfectly well understand. I'm not going any further into it in this thread.. I don't want to derail a fan page thread...but the NFL understands, you can bet on that. All of their actions are based on what they perceive to be best for their bottom line.
Well it was a stupid decision to divide the fans in half honoring Rose. Their ratings definitely took a hit from all the kneeling and they lost even more fans due to teams putting the names of criminals on the back of their helmets.
I will still watch but the politics have definitely hurt my passion for the game. Sports are supposed to be an escape and entertainment. Instead they are pandering to the “ woke” fan base and alienating those who don’t agree with their message.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
They need to either eliminate completely or greatly reduce the number of running plays that get Connor or Snell going sideways across the formation.

Too many of those East/West plays are getting strung out for little gain or negative yards. Bang it up un there straight ahead seems to work better with our RBs. They are not LeVeon in his prime.

But 2-0 is 2-0. Texans coming in 0-2 will be desparate, so better be on the "A" game.

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
Wasn’t overly impressed with them but 2-0 is still a great start. Taking zero preseason games into consideration they should only continue to improve.

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
I think the NFL understands, but I doubt the players do. Most of them, anyway. The name on the helmet thing came from management, not the players. It is all optics on the NFLs part. The league will do what it believes makes it look the best (which should help the bottom line, as you said).

·
Registered
20,580 Posts
I thought they were sloppier this week than last. Too many penalties. I dont think Bush had a very good game. I would say that Dupree and TJ are justifying their salaries.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
As Ben gets his game face back I would like to see a few more down field passes to a group of good hand receivers, tight ends and I believe this would help open the running game.....

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They need to either eliminate completely or greatly reduce the number of running plays that get Connor or Snell going sideways across the formation.

Too many of those East/West plays are getting strung out for little gain or negative yards. Bang it up un there straight ahead seems to work better with our RBs. They are not LeVeon in his prime.
I agree totally. I wonder if this is the influence of Matt Canada? When he was the OC at Pitt, he was in love with the jet sweep, and lots of motion and misdirection plays. Maybe that works at the collegiate level, but it's not looking good at the pro level.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts