The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

881 - 892 of 892 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Nope!

·
4,239 Posts
I'm still here and still going to watch. I don't like my sports and politics mixing but I like my sports too much. Problem for me, no cable and there are no streaming options (that I have), so old school radio tonight.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Got the W. Ben looked waaaay out of sorts for a few series, I think the ref not resetting the play clock and delay of game on third and a foot set him off.

Diontae had a first half to forget, but quickly became "AB Lite". Only going to get more in sync.

JuJu has to be thrilled, get Ben back in a contract year. DuPree earned his franchise tag game check today too.

The effort by Washington to get across the goal line was outstanding. Nice first game for Claypool.

Banner injury sucks, that is not good.

Two ints - by D linemen!

And it was mostly "just football".

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Got the W. Ben looked waaaay out of sorts for a few series, I think the ref not resetting the play clock and delay of game on third and a foot set him off.
Certainly you mean Ben sounded waaaay out of sorts......after all, as per your advice in a recent thread ....."listen to the game on the radio, while tuned into Fox News on the TV". You certainly did not watch the game......:unsure:

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
They played like a team that hasn't played a game since last season. But, they got it together when they needed to. That drive at the end of the first half was great. I think there are things that can be improved, but this was an encouraging start.

·
4,239 Posts
Needed to shake off some rust but for the most part got it together. I think the O has more rust to knock off but they look like they can be really good. I like Connor and I like his story and his work ethic but the kid can't seem to stay healthy. I think for game 2 he is still your back (if healthy), but if he doesn't perform early Snell takes over. The WR corp is going to be impressive. Ju-Ju will play his way to a big contract (with another team) and DJ will play his way into the WR1 role. Claypool and Washington are very good WR2/3 options.
Defense looked good after they settled in although Stephen Nelson got beat for 2 TDs, that is 2 more than he got beat for all of 2019.
I listened to the game on the radio, no cable or streaming, I missed Hillgrove but Rob King (that is who it was right?) did admirable. Surprisingly I was checking my fantasy team and poof they had the game live streamed on the app, I was able to watch most of the 3rd and 4th qtr.

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Personally, I've always thought Hillgrove was terrible and don't miss him at all.

·
4,239 Posts
Personally, I've always thought Hillgrove was terrible and don't miss him at all.
I'm a fan of enthusiasm and excitement. He might not have it play to play but on big plays and TDs he is loud and I like that in a broadcaster (Same reason I like Greg Brown). Plus he offers that level of mystery, like who really made the play since he always seems to get it wrong.

881 - 892 of 892 Posts