The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well might as well get it started guys,drama gone and back to normalcy. I like what i am seeing so far we look much faster on D. Bush going to be a nice player,WR look good also. Some tough cuts comming up at LB and safety. Still think they need a TE and hopefully they will get one after the cuts. I think Rudolph has solidfied his #2 spot and I may be crazy but I would trade Dobbs i think they could get a 5th for him and that Hodge kid theres something about him that i like,kid has no fear and looks like he can sling it. I hope he has a big game this last preseason game to keep them thinking,They keep saying he has no chance but i think the kid has a shot to make the team. My prediction is 11-5 and winning the Division and a #3 seed barring Ben going down.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Drama is not completely gone. AB just said to Ben to shut up and they were never friends. I am excited how the defense is looking. Your right, there is something about Hodges that i like. Trade Dobbs and keep rudolph and Hodges. The colts are looking for a QB.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I very much doubt they will trade Dobbs. He’s still on his rookie contract, plus he’s had very little game experience. He threw one good pass in a game where Ben was out for a series and completely stunk when Ben got hurt against the Raiders. He’s not very accurate either. I doubt any team would give up more than a 7th round pick for him, 6th at best.

There’s no doubt they need another TE. Grimble is at best a third TE and Gentry is a project. I think they will have to trade to get an upgrade unless some team cuts an established veteran. Even then, they’re up against the cap and would have to do some maneuvering. With McDonald’s injury history, they’re dangerously thin at that position.

It will be interesting to see which WRs they keep. JuJu, Moncrief, Washington, and Johnson will make the team. I think either Switzer or Rogers make it, but not both. I’d keep Switzer; he’s more versatile and is a better punt returner, and also returns KOs, which Rogers doesn’t. I think if they keep 6 WRs, Rogers has a better chance, but I think either Holton or Spencer would make it for special teams.

They definitely look faster on defense. We’ll see if they can force more turnovers. That’s critical. They only had 8 INTs last year.

It will be interesting to see which punter makes the team.

They have a tough schedule. Their division will be tough, they open with the Patriots on the road, which almost a guaranteed loss. They play the AFC South and the NFC West, plus the Chargers. 10 wins would be an accomplishment.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I love, love, love Devin Bush. I know preseason is just a microcosm but what little I've seen so far I've been impressed. The one play last week where he got "blocked" out of a play and the Titans had a big run, he was being held by the face mask by the OT. That kid is just all over the field. Ben looked really solid and I was glad to see him get Montcreif involved. Big Mac needs to catch those passes. I think Rudy has sewn up the #2 QB spot. He's just been so much more consistent than Dobbs with one less year experience. I'm excited about this year. I think the world has finally seen this whole AB debacle isn't solely on Ben's shoulders. Everyone was quick to excuse his antics as Ben's fault but even before playing one snap with the Raiders, the crap show has continued. Stillers n'at.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I very much doubt they will trade Dobbs. He’s still on his rookie contract, plus he’s had very little game experience. He threw one good pass in a game where Ben was out for a series and completely stunk when Ben got hurt against the Raiders. He’s not very accurate either. I doubt any team would give up more than a 7th round pick for him, 6th at best.

There’s no doubt they need another TE. Grimble is at best a third TE and Gentry is a project. I think they will have to trade to get an upgrade unless some team cuts an established veteran. Even then, they’re up against the cap and would have to do some maneuvering. With McDonald’s injury history, they’re dangerously thin at that position.

It will be interesting to see which WRs they keep. JuJu, Moncrief, Washington, and Johnson will make the team. I think either Switzer or Rogers make it, but not both. I’d keep Switzer; he’s more versatile and is a better punt returner, and also returns KOs, which Rogers doesn’t. I think if they keep 6 WRs, Rogers has a better chance, but I think either Holton or Spencer would make it for special teams.

They definitely look faster on defense. We’ll see if they can force more turnovers. That’s critical. They only had 8 INTs last year.

It will be interesting to see which punter makes the team.

They have a tough schedule. Their division will be tough, they open with the Patriots on the road, which almost a guaranteed loss. They play the AFC South and the NFC West, plus the Chargers. 10 wins would be an accomplishment.
This is not a racist statement but fact..... in the last 50 years 95 % or more of all kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns were by a black man.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
I think it's all on JUJU. If he is the second coming of AB talent wise and is a top 10 #1 receiver they will finish 10-6 or 11-5 and have a shot at the division. If he can't draw the double coverages like AB creating a lot of the offensive and big plays they are in real trouble (8-8 or 7-9)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I love, love, love Devin Bush. I know preseason is just a microcosm but what little I've seen so far I've been impressed. The one play last week where he got "blocked" out of a play and the Titans had a big run, he was being held by the face mask by the OT. That kid is just all over the field. Ben looked really solid and I was glad to see him get Montcreif involved. Big Mac needs to catch those passes. I think Rudy has sewn up the #2 QB spot. He's just been so much more consistent than Dobbs with one less year experience. I'm excited about this year. I think the world has finally seen this whole AB debacle isn't solely on Ben's shoulders. Everyone was quick to excuse his antics as Ben's fault but even before playing one snap with the Raiders, the crap show has continued. Stillers n'at.
Not a lot of people know this, but EVERY receiving TD in Brown’s pro career came from Ben. He’s never caught a TD from any other QB, excluding pre-season (I have no idea if he caught TDs from other QBs then, but those games don’t count). He will undoubtedly catch some TDs in Oakland, but I think he’s going to see a serious drop off in QB quality.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Not a lot of people know this, but EVERY receiving TD in Brown’s pro career came from Ben. He’s never caught a TD from any other QB, excluding pre-season (I have no idea if caught TDs from other QBs then, but those games don’t count). He will undoubtedly catch some TDs in Oakland, but I think he’s going to see a serious drop off in QB quality.

Oh absolutely. That's why I think he's making such an issue out of the whole helmet thing. He claimed the new ones impaired his vision. (It later came out he didn't like them because they didn't look as good) I think the whole vision thing was his way of getting out ahead of his pending drop in production. He'll still make catches but Carr is not Ben. This whole thing with him was about money. He wasn't the highest paid anymore and he couldn't take that.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Not a lot of people know this, but EVERY receiving TD in Brown’s pro career came from Ben. He’s never caught a TD from any other QB, excluding pre-season (I have no idea if caught TDs from other QBs then, but those games don’t count). He will undoubtedly catch some TDs in Oakland, but I think he’s going to see a serious drop off in QB quality.

Oh absolutely. That's why I think he's making such an issue out of the whole helmet thing. He claimed the new ones impaired his vision. (It later came out he didn't like them because they didn't look as good) I think the whole vision thing was his way of getting out ahead of his pending drop in production. He'll still make catches but Carr is not Ben. This whole thing with him was about money. He wasn't the highest paid anymore and he couldn't take that.
I believe most players would take championships over money and stats. Brown would not.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
here is my take on AB,
He spoiled - YES
Does he care about money more than championships - YES
Is he arrogant enough to sabotage a whole team just because he is who he is - YES

Is he a top 3 talent at receiver in the entire league- YES
Is he the reason that juju got half the yards he did - YES

I think all of this was miss managed Horribly from the beginning. He is a child and should be treated as such. I think the team Ben included should have protected his ego and he wouldn't have thrown a hissy fit. Ben calling him out and juju getting the team MVP set him over the top and his ego was to fragile to deal with it. Does that make him wrong sure does, but I don't believe for a minute they are better without him. If Ben never calls him out and they give him or Ben the MVP they are a legit SB contender this year.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Id say if you have the one of best QB and OL in the league and a improved Defense you have a shot at being a legit SB contender!!

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I think all of this was miss managed Horribly from the beginning. He is a child and should be treated as such. I think the team Ben included should have protected his ego and he wouldn't have thrown a hissy fit.
I disagree. The #1 reason for his hissy fit was he wanted more money. He knew the Steelers wouldn't rework his contract a year after he signed one which at the time, made him the highest paid receiver in the league. When someone else (the WR from the Chiefs IIRC) got more money than him, he started is petulant --. Ben "calling him out" was just a convenient excuse. Had that not happened he would have found another reason to melt down. This always was about money and nothing else.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I disagree. The #1 reason for his hissy fit was he wanted more money. He knew the Steelers wouldn't rework his contract a year after he signed one which at the time, made him the highest paid receiver in the league. When someone else (the WR from the Chiefs IIRC) got more money than him, he started is petulant --. Ben "calling him out" was just a convenient excuse. Had that not happened he would have found another reason to melt down. This always was about money and nothing else.
Spot on

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Guys I think Rudolph may be the real deal. Last year I would of never said that but watching how comfortable he is in the pocket this year and his accuracy is really impressing me. Weird situation with not knowing how long Ben plans to keep playing.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Benny Snell has been a huge disappointment. So much hype on him when he got drafted and he can’t break a tackle to save his life.
The blocking last night was awful. I think he will still make the team. He’s a 4th round pick, can catch the ball, and play special teams.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
The blocking last night was awful. I think he will still make the team. He’s a 4th round pick, can catch the ball, and play special teams.
Doesnt matter who was the running back last night. Those RB's has people grabbing them before the ball was handed off. OL was terrible. Devlin would take 1 step back and had people in his face. I think he will be good in a few years. Dobbs just doesnt look right this year.

1 - 20 of 878 Posts