The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 724 Posts

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new season should have a new thread. They played exactly like a team that only played a few series together in preseason. I'm sure that tie won't come back to bite them in the behind in the post season. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Not me!
I think people were way to high on Pittsburgh this year. I mean they are supposed to have the best offense in the league? 8 starters in the pro bowl and they kicked 38 field goals last year. That doesn't add up. Also they won I believe 4 games last year on last second field goals. I think they are closer to a 500 team this year than a #1 or #2 seed

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not me!
I think people were way to high on Pittsburgh this year. I mean they are supposed to have the best offense in the league? 8 starters in the pro bowl and they kicked 38 field goals last year. That doesn't add up. Also they won I believe 4 games last year on last second field goals. I think they are closer to a 500 team this year than a #1 or #2 seed
Doesn"t add up? There defense has been the problem !! Not the offense

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Geez, anyone actually play high school football or higher?

In that kind of rain, almost anything can, and did happen. It's not an "excuse", but it is reality. The balls can be kept only so dry, the footing is only so good, and much more randomness comes into play because of that.

With how many turnovers, crap conditions, a turnover that ends up on the one yard line, and a field goal missed by two feet, on the road, and they almost won. And didn't lose. In a game where the officiating was the only thing more terrible than the weather or overall quality of play.

The Browns have indeed improved significantly on D, Myles Garrett is the Real Deal, and we'll see how Ward does over 16 games. But a #1 overall and #4 overall should improve a defense unless the picks are totally blown, and I don't think they were.

It's one game, lots of ACLs, broken bones, and bad calls yet to go. Yep, should've won, Ben did not have his best game, but really, it's not like the second coming of the end of the world, not in that rain.

Some good plays made on both sides. AB makes an incredible catch over a DB, as does Josh Gordon. JG may be a head case, but is physically talented. Coverage was there, can't play it any better, but the WR made a play. Because he had ganja problems does not mean physically he cannot play. And give Conner a break, he made one bad play, had a great game, and the RB situation he is in is not his doing. Just roll with it.

Anyone who has taken a snap, tried to catch the ball, tried to hold the ball, or make a cut in that kind of monsoon will agree. If not, then you just must like to complain because of an unrealistic expectation that pros are somehow superhuman over the elements. Ain't happening.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Now I'll give it up. They just ain't too good. Long season, but be lucky to sniff the playoffs.

Wasn't Tomlin a defensive coach? Can't tell with this team the past two years.......

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The Leveon Bell hold out is consuming them. If they lose a couple more games, they won't sign him for sure.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You'd think 37 points would be enough to win a game. That defense is pretty rotten.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
The Leveon Bell hold out is consuming them. If they lose a couple more games, they won't sign him for sure.

Bell is good, but he isn't playing because he's a POS and he doesn't play on the defensive side either so....I'm not really sure how that ties into them losing. The offense is putting up points....37 points should win most any ballgame in the NFL. When it doesn't it isn't the offenses fault for not doing enough, it's the defenses fault for being a flippin' sieve giving up more to the opponent! The Steel Curtain has become the Aluminum Foil window dressing!

Reactions: simoncool

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Mahomes is no slouch. We are starting to see the next generation of great QBs. I have a feeling by the end of the season there will be no shame is saying you were beat by KC in the 2018 season.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I don't think the Steelers have no intention to bring back Bell next year, If he don't show up for work in Nov.Bell is going to sit out the rest of the season on the bench.Like Jason said defense needs to get there %^%& together. It's nice to see a local kid "Conners" playing so well, He's no Bell ! But not bad.:wink2: I'm a little more worry about our goal kicker.:surprise2:

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
You'd think 37 points would be enough to win a game. That defense is pretty rotten.
Yeah, that wasn't a real good effort. KC has a pretty good offense tho. Kelcy is a beast, Hill is probably only slower than Usain Bolt, and that QB is gonna be a good one.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Yeah, that wasn't a real good effort. KC has a pretty good offense tho. Kelcy is a beast, Hill is probably only slower than Usain Bolt, and that QB is gonna be a good one.

But four defenders to take down a receiver or RB? Including linemen and secondary....multiple times for multiple first downs? That's not just a random missed tackle or a talented offense....that's poor tackling ability...that's a HUGE problem! The defense is ineffective on pretty much all fronts. I don't care how good KC's offense is or any individual part of their offense. This isn't a new thing this season, this has been a 'trending downward' situation for years....including, dare I say it and face the wrath of all, during the end of the Lebeau era!

·
Registered
670 Posts
As i ve stated in the past franchise tagging Bell was a huge mistake,When you could have used that $ to make your defense better in free agency, They have more than enough weapons on offense but this defense has gotten no better than last yr. And something no one mentions is the GM for all these bust picks on this team on defense. Problem is the QB not getting any younger and the window is closing for this team.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
Steelers D - Cannot cover a good tight end! period end of story they will never win another SB with defense they have.
Now you have AB talking trade
And as far as Bell it's simple IMHO he told them he wouldn't play under the franchise tag. So they made the mistake to try and call his bluff and lost. Should have signed him to a contract like he wanted and earned. If they weren't willing to pay him market value then let him go, but to franchise tag him again when he warned you he wouldn't play if they did was arrogant on the steelers and is hurting them now

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Steelers D - Cannot cover a good tight end! period end of story they will never win another SB with defense they have.
Now you have AB talking trade
And as far as Bell it's simple IMHO he told them he wouldn't play under the franchise tag. So they made the mistake to try and call his bluff and lost. Should have signed him to a contract like he wanted and earned. If they weren't willing to pay him market value then let him go, but to franchise tag him again when he warned you he wouldn't play if they did was arrogant on the steelers and is hurting them now

They did try to sign him to a contract he earned. Their last offer was light years above "market value" for a running back. He wanted more. He forced their hand as much as they forced his. You don't mortgage the entire team to sign one guy who has missed games in all of his first four years because of knee injuries and suspensions, and who plays a position which isn't known for longevity. He's sitting at home right now, getting fat. I saw a video of him jet skiing and he's put on at least 20 pounds. Even if he did come back, he'd be out of shape and useless for at least four games like last year. He's also reduced his trade value in the process. Let him sit, I say.

1 - 20 of 724 Posts