The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I put some k-9 sets out. Wanted to put more out but my daughter had a Christmas program at school.

Scent post

Step down dirt hole

Double dirt hole
Hope a fox or yote visits them but will be happy with some big boar coons as well!

·
Premium Member
24,137 Posts
Good luck!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,916 Posts
Nice looking sets. Hopefully you'll have some pics to post soon with some critters. My vote is for your step down set to strike first.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
This time of year you should put a couple pipe sets in.That way when in rains you still have a couple sets working.If made correctly you can stay away from them and keep your sent down at the set.Your taperd stepdown set looks great but will fill with water if it rains alot.Plus you have to maintain the topcoat after a rain if its below freezing.Hopefully it doesn`t rain that much.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FM3, I've only been trapping for 5 or so years and have no idea what a pipe set it! Could you please elaborate?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Bluemoonfox said:
FM3, I've only been trapping for 5 or so years and have no idea what a pipe set it! Could you please elaborate?

It's the set Zagman modified. If you can't find it on here go to trapperman, you will find it for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts