The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to throw a feeler out there about this broadhead. I have been using Wasp SST Hammer broadheads since I have been 15 and have shot about 10 bucks while using them. I really have no complaints about this head other than it flys slightly different than my field points. I have done a lot of research this year searching for the perfect broadhead and I truely think I found it. The design of the Steel Force Phat Head SOB is like no other that I found. Last year they came out with the Phat Head and the main features of the head are the .080 thick cut on contact blades with 2 bleeder blades. These blades scream durability and sharpness. This years head added the swing out blades which are held down by magnetic force and the are only 1/4" long making it extremely easy to swing back while keeping the kinetic energy at a maximum. The swing out blades increase the cutting diameter to 1.5". The main blade was decreased down to .071 thickness still making it an extremely durable head. The owner of the company spent 3 yrs designing this head and has come up with a head that has field point accuracy. Now, I have not shot this head, but have watched several demonstrations and tests. This head was shot through a steel barrel 15 times without damaging the blades and it was shot 150 times into a target before it would stop cutting arm hair. The design is simply phenominal in my opinion and I can't find another broadhead that incorporates everything a bowhunter could want into a head. The company guarantees the sharpness of the blades and you can send them back at any time to get re-sharpened. I just wanted to throw this out there and get some of you guys opinions. I am sold on this head and it will be in my quiver this year barring some catastrovey with the broadhead. Check it out and let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Was seriously thinking about selling all my new slick tricks for to pick up some of the regular phatheads.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
They look pretty deadly and extremely durable. 45 bucks for three is a little steep for me. I'll go with my slicktricks as usual. like I always say, "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that the price is a little heavy, but with the durability of the head, it doesn't seem that you would have to replace it unless you hit something extremely hard. Just re-sharpen it or send it back to the company to get re-sharpened. I am banking on not needing to buy more of these heads for at least a few years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts